I have been teaching since 2006 on a variety of topics. I graduated with an BA from the University of Wisconsin. My degree is in History with and emphasis on East Asian history.
I've taught all age groups from age 2 up to retirees. My teaching experience includes one-on-one and group classes in a variety of settings. I've taught corporate classes, private lessons, small groups, and traditional classroom lessons.
We have a student-centric philosophy of learning. Lessons are generally relaxed and designed to work towards accomplishing student determined goals. While all students will study similar fundamentals regarding technique, theory, and performance, every lesson is as different as every person. Special focus on topics like music theory, self-accompaniment, composition, song writing, and home recording are available as well.
What are your personal goals? We'll tell you what you need to do to get there, and help you take the steps to achieve your aspirations.
Lessons with small children are more focused on just having fun while developing a good musical foundation, but we prefer for them to have as much personal ownership of their lesson as possible.
- Teaches beginning lessons for piano, ukulele, and drums
- Coordinates studio and teacher schedules
- Corresponds with students and parents regarding lesson plans and scheduling
- Processes payments and banking/accounting for company
• Planned and executed language lessons using innovative methods such as art to help students grasp the English language above the standards set by the school board
• Advised fellow instructors on creative teaching methods in order to improve overall academic performance
• Created an extracurricular English Club to help student’s achieve academic excellence
• Conducted class in a multi-lingual environment
• Designed English program curriculum and teaching materials
• Led corporate language courses for internationally active personnel at companies such as Honda and Sharp
• Established testing process and curriculum for students in order to more accurately gauge ability and help future instruction
• Created and led programs for students ranging in age two to adults
Coordinated schedules between multiple schools and businesses to maintain effective teaching timetables