I can't wait to work with you!
Melanie has performed as the celebration choir pianist for the 4,000 member Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Houston, Texas, and has accompanied many high school choirs in South Texas. She also lead Heaven’s Light, a UMC Praise Band. She is currently
performing in Easy Rhythms, a trio playing big band/swing music.
In addition to playing piano, Melanie has played trombone with Brass, Rhythm & Reeds big band and Lone Star Brass quintet. She has also been a private lesson instructor for trombone, baritone and flute students.
Melanie began receiving piano lessons at age five. During junior high and high school, she accumulated 40 superior-rating UIL solo and ensemble medals. In high school, Melanie won the John Phillip Sousa Outstanding Band Member trophy, the Most Valuable Marching Girl Award, and was voted Most Talented Senior by the high school student body. Her Rhapsody in Blue piano solo won first place at the 1974 Indianapolis Parks Department Talent Contest.
The objective of Indianapolis Piano Teachers Association (IPTA) shall be to provide the membership with a meaningful avenue of personal musical growth through its programs and workshops, to create an atmosphere of sharing and to provide programs for our students.
· Piano · In home Love her patience and gentleness with children!
· Piano · In studio Melanie is very excited to share her love of music with students. Melanie stays engaged with the musical community and looks for opportunities to perform. She is a sensitive performer. She is Christian.
· Piano · In studio I shared with Melanie that I already new how to read music, both bass and treble clef. I ask her to help me with improv. I wanted to be able to play the blues in any key. We started from the basics and worked our way towards my goal. She is an excelent and very talented musician.
· · Melanie Conley is an excellent musician with a wide variety of musical experiences. My first contact with Melanie was as her high school band director at Pike High School. She graduated high school as the most outstanding music student in her Senior class. She was talented in several styles of music not only as a pianist but also with multiple band instruments. More recently I have had contact with Melanie as a guest pianist for my local church and have had several conversations with her about her teaching experiences. I feel sure she will be an excellent person for motivating any student wanting to learn to become a fine pianist....
· Piano · Melanie Conley is an excellent musician & patient teacher. "Children" of all ages will enjoy this experience in learning from her!!!!
· Piano · In studio Melanie was our church pianist when I was singing in the choir at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Nassau Bay, TX. She also accompanied MANY of my solos, sometimes during two or three back-to-back services! I've known her for over 12 years, and at least 7 of those years were when she played at GDLC. Melanie is an impeccable sight reader, and one of the most talented musicians I know! She never flinched when I gave her a piece in G-flat Major, and she played flawlessly, even on short notice. She is not only patient with her students, but she is also very thorough in her teaching techniques. She is versatile, in that she plays several musical instruments. Melanie is held in high regard, and I have been blessed to work with her. You cannot find a more professional musician, in my opinion.