- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Mary and I have been teaching voice, piano, and violin for more than 20 years. I have an undergraduate degree in music, a masters degree in special education, and a doctoral degree in education. I teach lessons at my private studio in Dove Canyon. I offer lessons in piano, voice and violin. I am a professional musical director and have directed over 50 shows. I am also a music therapist and I have special skills in teaching instruments to children with special needs. I love working with kids!
*** Lesson Details ***
I teach "Music for Little Mozarts" for preschoolers, and Alfred's and other methods as well as classical repertoire for more advanced students. I teach Suzuki violin classes to children ages 5 and up. I teach musical theater and jazz voice. Every 3 months I host a student recital. Students may choose to play a solo, duet, or be in a small group number with other students.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Grand piano, studio piano, 1/4 violin for young children
*** Specialties ***
Music, Piano, Voice, Violin
I specialize in musical theater, pop and classical voice lessons.
For piano I specialize in working with young children- Music for Little Mozarts (ages 4-6), Prep Course (ages 5-7) and Older beginners (ages 8 and up). I also teach intermediate to early advanced level classical piano.
Violin- I teach Suzuki Method (beginners through Book 7) to students age 5 and up. I also teach intermediate and early advanced classical styles.
Learning support services and music therapy service provision
I am an Educational Therapist at the Associate level.
AMTA's purpose is the progressive development of the therapeutic use of music in rehabilitation, special education, and community settings. Predecessors, unified in 1998, included the National Association for Music Therapy founded in 1950 and the American Association for Music Therapy founded in 1971. AMTA is committed to the advancement of education, training, professional standards, credentials, and research in support of the music therapy profession.
· Singing · In home Mary is a great instructor. Super patient and mellow, she understands how to bring kids out of their shell and help to create a good experience with performing.
· Singing · In home We are super happy with Mary. She is patient, understanding, and calming, putting my kid at ease in this new situation. She understands learning challenges and can easily adapt her instruction to fit the child's needs. I would recommend her to anyone!
· Singing · In home She's so sweet and what a professional!! My daughter is very excited to keep her as her instructor.
· Piano · In studio Mary is a wonderful teacher! She is always so patient with my son and respectful!
· · Mary is awesome!
Mary is so patient and understanding and a great teacher for all ages. My son is beginning violin with her and she gives just the right amount of new information to keep him interested and challenged without getting frustrated. She is awesome!
· · Mary is an exceptionally talented teacher who always takes the time to fully explain every detail. I highly recommend her for anyone wanting to learn to play violin.
· · The Perfect Teacher for My Son
Learning the violin is proving to be more challenging than my son anticipated. But, Mary's kind, patient instruction is just the encouragement he needs to keep going week by week.
· · Amazing Mary
Mary is an amazing coach! She is very in tune (no pun intended) with her students' needs and styles, and teaches them accordingly.