My passion is helping you accomplish what you want to do and get you where you want to go. I LOVE teaching and laughing and giggling with my students through every lesson. I am intensely interested in how the voice works and presents itself in each new student.
* I have performed in and can teach anyone to sing in any style including classical, Broadway, opera, jazz, pop, and choral
* I have taught voice on the University level at four different universities: BYU-Provo, USU, BYU-Idaho, & FSU
* I am a Member of NATS (National Association for Teachers of Singing) and support and uphold the standards expected from one affiliated with the organization.
I look forward to working with you and helping you become the singer you’ve always wanted to be!
I sang for 16 years as a professional chorister and soloist in the larger Southern California area with the world famous Los Angeles Master Chorale and Los Angeles Music Center Opera, Los Angeles Philharmonic, and the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, just to name a few, performing with world class singers, conductors, and instrumentalists from around the globe.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
SAG-AFTRA represents approximately 160,000 actors, announcers, broadcast journalists, dancers, DJs, news writers, news editors, program hosts, puppeteers, recording artists, singers, stunt performers, voiceover artists and other media professionals. SAG-AFTRA members are the faces and voices that entertain and inform America and the world. With national offices in Los Angeles and New York, and local offices nationwide, SAG-AFTRA members work together to secure the strongest protections for media artists into the 21st century and beyond.
An American labor union that represents 8,000 current and retired opera singers, ballet and other dancers, opera directors, backstage production personnel at opera and dance companies, and figure skaters.
· Singing · In studio I have MANY set backs and fears when it comes to singing and have been scorned by teachers before. This is the first time in 7 years that I got the courage to go back to singing lessons and I was smiling the whole time! In just one lesson, Marti managed to give me back confidence that I thought was long gone. She knows her stuff and knows how to help you use the instrument that you have. I love her!
· Singing · In studio I have learned so much from my lessons with Marti! She creates a safe and it encouraging environment that allows me to develop my vocal abilities.
When I think about where I was when I began to where I am now, I'm amazed at the progress I've made under her instruction. Not only in my technique but also in my confidence.
I come out of my lessons feeling good about myself. And even when I get discouraged she's always there to build me up and help me believe that I can accomplish what I set my mind to.
It has been a great experience!
· Singing · In studio I had a great time and Marti's experience really helped me to know what it is I wanted out of our time together. I highly recommend her.
· Classical Voice · In home Marti is a talented voice instructor with years of personal, professional, and teaching experience. She also has educational background in vocal education. She rarely cancels lessons, and usually tells you in advance if she will be out of town. When possible, she is also flexible if you are running late or need to reschedule. Since starting voice lessons with Marti over two years ago, my voice has dramatically improved because of her diligent and patient instruction.
· Singing · In studio I can't praise Marti enough for all she has taught me and many others I know. I have trained with Marti for about 5-6 years. In that time, I went from being a member of a chorus and a person who had never been in any kind of play, to being the Director of that same, award winning chorus (Idaho Falls A Capella Chorus) and a person who regularly has solos in musical community theater productions! Marti has also coached our chorus in a wide variety of areas. Many of our chorus members have shown impressive improvement from private instruction with Marti, as well.
Not only is Marti's knowledge and experience vast, she is a talented and gifted teacher. There is no one better that I have found in Idaho Falls.
Shockingly, she's very affordable, too!!
· Singing · In studio Marti is such an amazing teacher with so much passion and knowledge about singing! She is so patient and kind, and I would definitely recommend her!
· Vocal Training · In home Marti is an incredible voice teacher. I studied with her on the collegiate level when I was majoring in Vocal Performance, and have continued my education with her over the last couple of years. Marti is a teach I trust my voice to. She knows how to allow me to produce a vocal quality that now only do I love the sound of, but I love how easy and free it feels. There is not a vocal challenge she can't help me face and understand. She is incredibly educated on understanding the voice and I benefit from her years of schooling and experience as she can use a wide and deep breadth of techniques and applications on any particular vocal issue or challenge. She can hear the most minute problems with my vocal production, and work with me to immediately start working on and fixing them. She is passionate about helping me and all her students, and it's very inspiring and motivating. She is truly a master at teaching, and is a very kind and compassionate person as well. I never feel any stress or intimidating pressure from her. I couldn't recommend Marti enough if you want to see constant and meaningful improvements in your voice.
· Vocal Training · Marti Castle-Warr is a dedicated vocal pedagogue who has had complete Master's and Doctoral training in voice and vocal pedagogy. She understands the voice in great detail and is anxious to help her students develop their own abilities. She has had significant experience as a singer and soloist in varied styles. She has also taught voice for many years to students of all levels, including university voice majors. She is very informative, yet practical in bringing about results. Her knowledge of the voice and her understanding of people enable her to teach very effectively..
· Classical Voice · In home Marti teaches a very sensible, progressive approach, well-based in best-knowledge of physiology and acoustic, combined with practical, traditional approaches. She works especially well with young developing voices. She has good experience with coaching traditional classical languages - Italian, Frenh, and German.
· Singing · In studio Marti is absolutely amazing! I never knew I had this voice inside of me. She has constantly worked to bring out the best in me, helping me to learn the best techniques to get the most out of my voice and giving me confidence in my own abilities. She recognizes that your emotional, mental, and physical state all tie in to bringing your best voice to the surface. I've always been a good singer, but after Marti, people think I've been professionally trained and I've never received so many compliments. She is a great teacher and has also become a great friend!