- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi, I'm Marshall. I was born into a family of actors, artists, and musicians and was raised on the stage of the Theatricum Botanicum in Topanga, California, a family-run theater. I started music lessons at four on piano and later began cello at twelve. As a middle and high school student, I played with community orchestras throughout Los Angeles, and after graduation from the Hamilton Academy of Music, went on to study at Cal State University, Northridge, double majoring in cello and English literature. I afterwards moved to Germany for almost a decade, studying in Trossingen, Mannheim, and Berlin, resulting in a lot of great teachers, masterclasses and performance opportunities. After recently moving back to Los Angeles, I work as an assistant to a number of different Film/TV composers here in LA as well as playing orchestra and doing studio work whenever I can. It's about time for some cello lessons though, wouldn't you say?
· Piano · In studio I wanted to improve my piano skills (I'm an actor- it comes in handy). So far, I've had about ten lessons with Marshall at his studio in Topanga, and I'm already so much more confident. We started out reviewing what I knew- scales, arpeggios, etc, and now we are on to full pieces (Chopin, Mozart) and sight-reading skills. Marshall is AWESOME and has a great sense of humor. Super happy to have found him.
· Cello · In studio Marshall is such a delight! My ten-year-old son has been studying cello with Marshall for the last year and has no plans of stopping. I couldn't be happier with this find. Marshall is very nurturing but also sets clear strong goals, and my son now has a much more effective at-home practice strategy. Marshall's studio is also wonderful for me- it has an outdoor garden where I can sit and read or do work during my son's lesson.