I have taught the piano along with guitar and voice for over 40 years, since I was 16 years old. I started lessons at 9 and continued lessons while I began teaching beginners at a music studio. Since then I have had many different experiences with all kinds of students. I love sharing the gift of music with my students. My goal is to give them a wonderful musical experience and allow them to expand their knowledge of music in a structured manner and can grow to become a casual or professional musician.
*** Lesson Details ***
I adjust my teaching style to the students goals. I like to say I am laid back but do expect progress each week. I can teach the piano for beginner to advanced students. Some students are college bound and need to learn the disciplines of music. Other students just want to learn to play for enjoyment. My main goal to to keep them interested and practicing. I use a composite of different methods depending on the students goals. I have found that each publisher of method books focus on different styles of music. Over the years I have picked the best of each one and we will use the best of the best. I also have edited music for students over the years and have a wide collection of supplemental music. As an example I love Disney music and a beginner after 3 months they will be learning "A Whole New World" from Aladdin. I can teach beginning Guitar students. My specialty is teaching to read "real" music as opposed to tab. Beginners need lots of TLC with the guitar because of the length of time it takes to make "good" sounds of the guitar. Learning good technique in a fun way is essential for good student progress.
Also I can teach beginning-intermediate vocal lessons. My main focus is developing proper vocal technique with vocal exercises and breathing techniques and still making it interesting and fun.
With all of this, i also teach music theory. Whether by itself or along with instrumental lessons, music theory is an essential for all musicians. Music theory is the how and why of everything we do in music.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I currently have a baby grand, a spinet piano, 16 track sequencer, performance digital piano, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, electric guitar, flute, music stands and keyboard stands.
*** Specialties ***
For the piano I use a mixed method of teaching depending on the students goals. I have used Schaum, Faber, Alfred, Thompson and Bastien. I also use Hannon for advanced students and Duvornoy, Alfred and other types of pedagogy for technique and exercises. I have also edited many pieces of music for early beginners to have fun with. Disney is my favorite. I use these supplemental pieces along with the method books to keep their interest in practicing.
· Piano · In home I am Layah`s grandmother and I sit in on Layah lesson yesterday and it was very good. I feel we have made the right choice.
· Singing · In home Met with Margaret in home with a entourage of people including Singer, Mom, Dad, Sound Guy, Talent Agent and Assistant. Everybody was included in the meet and greet and Margaret was so kind to take questions from the entourage as well. Lessons began and everybody was elated and realized that we were indeed lucky to of found so a talented and gifted teacher for Kalysta. Thank you Margaret and looking forward to her next lessons with less people.
· Piano · In studio She's very patient and helpful.
· Singing · In studio U had a great time ....can't wait till next Tuesday
· Piano · In studio Margaret is an excellent piano teacher! Her lessons are upbeat, informative and engaging for my eight-year-old son. She interacts with him so well, both encouraging him and also holding him accountable for the techniques she has taught him. Assignments each week include a wide variety of scales, warm-ups and pieces so that he never gets bored. In six short months, he has gone from not reading a note of music to having a nice repertoire of pieces that impresses his friends and family--including his church organist great-grandmother! We are so pleased with Mrs. Osinski's lessons. It was an excellent decision.
· Piano · In studio Margaret is energetic and well versed in piano. We highly recommend her as a teacher.
· Guitar · In home My daughter has had 3 lessons so far and is really enjoying it. She really likes Ms. Margaret, she gives great instruction without being demeaning, and is very patient, and positive.
· Guitar · In studio Always patient, pleasant and love learning the guitar.
· · survey
Teacher made playing the piano fun, and she truly enjoys music and playing the piano.
· · Best Teacher I Had
I had a few teachers growing up and she was by far the best and I learned the most from her. As well as teaching the fundamentals and essentials to learning, she also allowed for a lot of flexibility and creativity to learn different styles of music. Also as I got older we could just discuss a lot of subjects on music and was genuinely fun. Had a huge impact in my playing and then also future teaching of piano.