- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a singer-pianist-actor Or a pianist-singer-actor. :-)
I have a bachelors degree in voice performance and a minor in piano and theater.
I have a masters degree in voice as well as a second masters in piano literature.
i have a certificate in comedy improvisation from Second City and am a professional actor. I am the owner and senior talent agent of a large talent agency in the DFW area.
My post graduate work is in vocal pedagogy.
I have been a professional teacher and performer for over 20 years.
I own and manage a professional talent agency in the DFW area.
My students come in every model imaginable - and I wouldn't have it any other way. Raw beginner or veteran actor or musician, professional recording artist, College music major or American Idol wannabe.
The arts are such a great language for communicating. I grew up with two parents who were professional musicians (mom is a concert pianist) and I also raised 3 children who are professional musicians. We made music our native language in our home. We all have the ability to speak music when it is spoken to us. I don’t ever remember not playing the piano. I started winning piano competitions in high school. I minored in piano, and then did additional post graduate work in piano. I “speak” piano. It has served me so well as a teacher, composer, opera coach. It is really a gateway to understanding all other instruments. The same scenario with my singing.
I began my professional career as an opera singer which has taken me around the world. I have premiered works by Leonard Bernstein and Samuel Adler in addition to principal roles and concert work with Pittsburgh Opera, The Pittsburgh Symphony, Dayton Opera, the Tuscia Opera Festival and hundreds of professional engagements. I have also had the wonderful opportunity to belt the National Anthem for several major league teams in a television appearance- and has done so on multiple occasions. (Pittsburgh Pirates, Pittsburgh Penguins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Reds) I am passionate about vocal jazz and musical theater and am frequently found as a performer in various national and regional venues. Feature concert works include PBS (Gershwin in Concert) as well as featured solo concert works (Pergolesi Stabat Mater) on Italian Public TV.
My approach to music has always been to do what you love. I have never limited myself as a performer to a genre or an instrument. I have explored, applied myself to and enjoyed a very diverse musical career. If you have a passion for an instrument or style of music let's start there first... and then let's discover together all the things you do that uniquely define your musicianship style.
*** Lesson Details ***
Your lessons will always be engaging, challenging and fun!
I am very consistent in my approach to technique, my focus on goals and my demand for excellence. I constantly am working to access with you what your goals are and to provide feedback and support to help you achieve them.
I am very flexible in utilizing a wide variety of repertoire, resources etc. Your lessons are personalized to your skill set and your musical interests. I utilize audio and video recordings almost every week for all my students. I routinely promote and encourage my students to participate in a wide variety of competitions, recitals, workshops and master classes.
I have a very low turnover rate for students and a very high rate of students who have progressed to professional full time careers in music. Students like being a part of my studio and really like the confidence they have in their music abilities in a very short period of time.
I do not use the same curriculum for all students, in face, each curriculum is customized for that student. The components are similar: technique, repertoire, theory, listening, composing, recording and performing.
You can expect the following:You will feel very encouraged and supported in your talent. You will have measurable improvement in your skills. You will have a personal advocate to encourage and direct you in finding and creating opportunities to succeed in your music personally, academically and professionally.
I can't wait to get started!
*** Studio Equipment ***
studio room w/ f/w keyboard and a music library including instruments and books w/ seating for parents
*** Travel Equipment ***
Digital music library, digital recorder, iPad
*** Specialties ***
Classical, musical theater, jazz and pop.
Serve as voice faculty, stage director and clinician for Emerging Young Artist Program in Viterbo, Italy .
Lisa Kay F. is a visionary teacher, professional musician and arts advocate. She is an active singer, actress, director, pianist, clinician, conductor and adjudicator. More importantly she is a mentor, an educator and encourager to thousands of performers. Lisa Kay has performed professionally for twenty years as a soloist in opera, oratorio, recital, musical theatre and jazz. She has taught in summer programs in Rome, Viterbo and throughout the US. She has served as music professor at several institutions including Colorado Christian University. She is a published playwright, a national drama critic and an acclaimed director and performer. She is passionate about the arts and empowering artists.
State certified educator
(5) 3 week courses in comedy improvisation with master teachers and performers from the famous Second City troupe in Chicago, IL
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Piano · In studio Shes really friendly off the bat. She starts at the ining, and from what i can tell, lets you choose your own pace
· Singing · In studio LK is upbeat and very encouraging and pushes me to do and try things and songs that I NEVER would have dared to try on my own! I feel comfortable with her and I sound way better than I have in years!!!!
· Piano · In studio Put my nerves at ease, told me everything I needed to know about getting started and answered all my questions. Thank you LK
· Piano · In studio My son is so excited about playing the piano now and can not wait to practice. He said that LK helped him to not feel nervous and explained technique in a way that he could understand it.
· Singing · In home LK is amazing, she is totally everything we had hoped for in a sing teacher. Confidence builder and most of all she is sharing her talents.
· Singing · In studio She's a wonderful knowledgeable coach!! Very genuine and caring!!!
· Singing · In studio I really enjoyed meeting LK! She's very professional and personable and I truly think that she's going to a great help in getting my voice in stage shape!
· Piano · In studio She is just amazing!!!
Soooooo very worth it!!!
· Improv Acting · In studio LK is very knowledgeable and helpful. She didn't mind that I had no experience at all!
· Singing · In studio Lk was a great teacher. I like how knowledgeable she was and it helps that she was very patient. It was also nice to work with LK because she was very positive and reassuring.