- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
*** Travel Equipment ***
I do not typically provide any equipment - but I am willing to select and purchase books for the students to learn from (cost of books to be reimbursed by the student/parent) when requested to do so.
I am also willing to provide stick-on note-names for the keyboard, for young children.
The students must have their own instruments, and provide a folder for sheet music and notes/instructions.
*** Specialties ***
Guitar, I specialize in the following styles: jazz, rock, blues, folk, bluegrass, and children's songs.
Piano: I prefer electronic keyboard to acoustic piano, but am happy to teach beginning students on a regular piano as well. I teach note-reading, playing by ear, and theory, with en emphasis on rock, pop, and folk music. I include arranging, chord theory, and use of the many features of an electronic keyboard, in the lessons.
Bass Guitar: I teach rock, pop, funk, and country music on bass.
Banjo: I teach bluegrass, country, and some blues and rock music. I can also teach a bit of old-timey frailing/clawhammer style.
English and Reading: I am highly qualified, to tutor/teach English (spoken, written, and reading comprehension) to both native English speakers and to those learning it as a second language.
*** I am particularly good at working with children who have a.d.h.d. and other learning disabilities!
I have been teaching private guitar, banjo, bass, and piano/keyboard lessons in the greater Atlanta area since 1993.
I currently teach part-time at the Atlanta School of Rock, too!
I have over 30 years of experience as a music teacher, for both private lessons and classes. In addition to teaching guitar, bass, piano, banjo, and percussion to students of all ages (including adult retirees), I have also taught music classes for toddlers and preschoolers, and have worked as a substitute music teacher in private schools, and as a summer camp song-leader.
I have also worked as a tutor for academic subjects for over 20 years. I have tutored students in grades K-10 in every subject, and have also provided G.E.D. test preparation help to homeschooled students.
Guitar building and repair, both acoustic and electric.
· Banjo · In studio Everything went great teacher is great can't wait until next lesson
· Banjo · In studio Linda is easily the most patient and welcoming person I've ever worked with. She has incredible knowledge over a vast array of topics and she is eager to share with others. This, in my opinion, is the most important quality of all teachers. Her lessons have proved a great way to build a solid base in my field of interest. as well as providing me with a well rounded and wonderful mentor that I'm sure to rely on for many other lessons in the future- banjo or otherwise!
· Piano · In studio Linda is an excellent teacher! Linda is very patient and accommodating and flexible. Linda is extremely personable, extremely open minded and well rounded. She is a wealth of knowledge with all types and genres of music. Linda makes me feel calm and relaxed during our lessons!
· Guitar · In home Timely, fun and my son loved it!
· Guitar · In studio Linda is incredibly experienced and knowledgeable in guitar and other matters of music. Her background and broad understanding of music and theory is why I chose her to be my instructor. She was able to pinpoint my areas of opportunity and craft a specialized plan to get me where I want to be. I really enjoyed my 1st lesson with Linda and am looking forward to continuing.
· Banjo · In studio Really nice, lets you learn at your own pace, lets you choose the type of music that she will teach you so that you stay interested throughout the program!
· Banjo · In studio Very helpful and lesson was at my growing edge- I look forward to more. Linda is very easy to relate to.
· Singing · In home My daughter really enjoyed Linda. She was a good instructor and enjoyed her lessons.
· Elementary Math · In home Linda is very patient with my Asperger's/ADHD son. She has offered several different ways to approach his math work and clearly was thinking about new approaches between visits. She is a kind, gentle woman and having her help with the work has been so helpful. She even spent extra time to show him some guitar, in case we want to take lessons (upon my request because we're interested in that). Linda has offered advice on several resources that I didn't know about for my journey to assist my son with his challenges. We have been very happy with Linda.