Hello, my name is Lilia and I can't wait to meet you! I have a diverse background in teaching and offer private lessons in guitar and piano, with a balance between theory, playing technique, and playing the songs that you love to listen to. I graduated from the California Institute of the Arts (a.k.a. CalArts) in 2014 and earned a degree in Guitar Performance. In addition to guitar, I also teach music theory, musicianship skills, composition, songwriting, and beginning piano. While at CalArts, I worked as a tutor for general education courses, with emphasis on writing. Across all skills that I teach, I always love helping my students find the passion and perseverance to achieve their goals. Whether you are just starting out or wanting to hone your skills and enter the professional arena, I would love to work with you on reaching your goals!
- Instruct students age 5 to over 65 at guitar, bass, and piano.
- Experience levels range from absolute beginners to advanced.
- Teach using an integrated approach that combines classical and contemporary technique with musical theory that's relevant to the student's goals and preferred musical styles. Use a combination of curriculum books, handouts, and artist and genre-specific songbooks.
• Train clients in one-on-one and group settings, encompassing a wide array of athletic backgrounds and physical abilities, from beginning exercisers to college dance companies, aged from teens through late adulthood.
• Design safe and effective programs specific to each client’s individual fitness goals and needs, including “homework” for clients to complete on days they exercise on their own.
• Run assessments to determine each client’s current level across various parameters of physical fitness.
• Stage music performances that feature a combination of instruments, vocals, dance choreography, theatrics, and improvisation, incorporating both my original compositions and arrangements of existing pieces.
• Work one-on-one with musicians to teach individual parts within multi-instrument ensembles consisting of 2-5 members.
• Arrange rehearsals with individual band members as well as with the full group.
• Produce printed scores and audio recordings of each piece.
• Address and resolve any inquiries, needs, and concerns that could serve as obstacles to the musicians’ success in performance.
• Tutored one-on-one with college students to improve writing skills, with emphasis on organization, outlining, research, thesis development, proofreading, and reading comprehension. Encourage each student to develop his or her confidence and individual voice through writing.
• Worked with undergraduate and graduate students of various majors throughout the institute.
• Assisted English language learners as well as students with learning disabilities such as ADD/ADHD and dyslexia to increase proficiency in reading and writing.
Certification in general personal training.