- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
BA in Music, composition and conducting from Hunter College (City University of New York)
Diploma from the Conservatoire de Fontainebleau, France
Studied with Louise Talma, Jacques Louis Monod, Nadia Boulanger
Lessons are about learning to make music, not endless scales and arpeggios which so often lead to pain and injury. Tone production, sight reading, and age appropriate theory and interpretation are strong elements from the beginning.
An overwhelming percentage of young, enthusiastic and talented children are discouraged early and give up the piano because they do not make rapid progress and therefore do not enjoy their lessons. Music is one of life's great joys. It should be fun. For the intermediate, and even the advanced, student, it is critical that much more attention be paid to the musicality of the playing and the understanding of the music. This leads to more beautiful playing and greater enjoyment.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons are designed for the needs of the individual student.
*** Studio Equipment ***
7' KAWAI concert grand
Basic video recording capability
*** Travel Equipment ***
Basic video recording capability
*** Specialties ***
Concentration on interpretation, Theory, Solfege and ear training, and non injurious piano technique.
· Piano · In home Leni is an incredible instructor. He is extremely knowledgeable and yet never comes across as condescending or arragant.
He is helpful and encouraging and makes learning to play fun.
The music that he selects is challenging without being overwhelming and he is fine with moving on to something else if you just plain don't like a piece.
He is a very popular instructor and I feel fortunate that I have found a space in his schedule !
· Piano · In studio I really enjoyed my first lesson with Leni. He's very thorough and passionate about playing the piano. It's been years since I played, and he was very patient with me and explained things in detail.
· Piano · In studio I can honestly say that Leni is one of the most professional and intelligent music instructors I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I have a background in music (low brass) from the 6th grade all the way through college. While I no longer play any brass instruments, I am currently taking drum lessons, and felt that now would also be the best time to try my hand (no pun intended) at piano. I am very happy with the lessons that Leni gave, however, I eventually came to the realization that the piano would be too much of a time constraint for me. I was not 100% committed to the piano due to working an 8-5 job every day, as well as taking the drum lessons I was already taking prior to starting piano. Also, it didn't help that I did not have a piano to practice with. With that being said, if I ever find myself with the time/capability to commit myself to the piano the way I wanted to, then I will be contacting Leni for more lessons. There are many piano teachers out there, but if you want to learn the CORRECT way so that you will not hurt your hands/fingers, then Leni is the absolute best choice. Thanks for everything Leni!
· Classical Piano · Online After being away from the piano for years, not to mention piano lessons, I learned a great deal in my first lesson with Leni. He teaches a fundamental technique new to me so I am looking forward to my next lesson.
· Piano · In studio Leni is very patient with me and he takes much of his own time seeing to it that I know the correct hand movements to play the piano properly. I sincerely appreciate all that he does to make me into a "maestro" in the long term!
· Piano · In studio Leni is an inspiration of how one should approach teaching music. He avoids common issues that discourage others from learning. Leni doesn't drill you through endless exercises, or force you to play pieces such as "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for months at a time. Rather, he will teach you simpler, but still beautiful, pieces that teach you the fundamentals more effectively than endless drills. I was somewhat nervous because I have arthritis in my hands, but the non-injurious technique that Leni teaches is intended to be as soft on the hands as possible, and not utilize the fingers, which will cause fatigue and injury.
Leni also has a very clear concept of student potential, and will introduce things to you that seem mind-boggling, but by the end of the lesson, you will have accomplished things you couldn't have imagined possible. He does not stick to an ironclad curriculum that he has developed, and will design a plan based on each individual student. His flexibility, faith in his students, realistic approach, and teaching abilities will help you progress rapidly.
· Piano · In studio I’m a 37 year-old guy and I wasn’t sure it would be possible for me to pick up a new instrument, but Leni’s patience and easy going nature make it easy and fun. He’s such an inspiration.
I feel so privileged to have Leni as my teacher. He isn’t just some young guy fresh out of school who teaches you the basics. Leni is an educated and accomplished musician and his knowledge of music and the history of the classical music you work on is phenomenal. He’s the real deal.
One of the main things Leni focuses on is form. He teaches the Taubman Approach, which is an ergonomic way of using your hands to play. It makes it so much more comfortable to play and sets you up to learn faster and be able to play more difficult pieces as you progress.
Leni also teaches that learning a piece music is more than just learning the notes. He goes into the musicality of it and why the choices the composer made make sense. I also wasn’t really much into classical music, but the music he has me working on is so enjoyable, that practice doesn’t feel like work. It’s so exciting to see what the next piece is he’ll give me to work on.
5 satars all the way.
· Piano · In studio Mr. Leni B. is second to none. He holds a BA degree in music, piano, composition and conducting from Hunter College, the largest college in The City University of New York and obtains a Diploma from the Conservatoire de Fontainebleau, France, I have no doubt about his talents and expertise. His knowledge is tremendously fabulous. What a true musician he is! As an adult, I wonder if Mr. Leni B. would be patient with me. The answer is yes. He patiently teaches me, and corrects my hands using the Taubman Approach to avoid chronical hand, wrist and muscle injuries. I am incredibly grateful to have him for my piano teacher. His passion and dedication are beyond excellent and have been transferred to me. I have brought home with a lot of inspiration after each lesson. I love his analysis and interpretation of each beautiful piece of music. The atmosphere he creates is lovely, friendly, welcoming and open. It is fun to study under his supervision. His encouragement is another key for me to practice the piano everyday. I am absolutely proud of him. It is even multipled when I have figured out he has more talents than just music and piano which are already amazing. Mr. Leni B. is the best teacher because he teaches from the heart not from the book. He is too good to be true.
I highly recommend Mr. Leni B. to anyone who wants to take piano lessons for fun or seriously.
· Piano · In home Excellent instructor!! I have learned so much under his instruction on the piano. I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting lessons on the piano.
· Piano · An Amazing Teacher and Musician
I have had Leni as a teacher, and a friend, for several years. I am amazed at how far I have come, and I feel that the technique and the theory behind the methods he teaches are incredible and imperative to the progress I have made, both on the piano and in other areas of music. The atmosphere that he creates is a welcoming and stimulating learning environment. The Taubman technique that he teaches is understandable, helpful, and it is the most successful way to avoid long-term injury to the hands and wrists. I am incredibly grateful to him for his dedication and passion for his work and his students.