Hi! My name is Leah and I provide Beginner to Intermediate lessons in voice and piano. I am a professional singer/songwriter/recording artist with 10 years of training in voice and 12 years of training in piano. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music Business from Anderson University (Anderson, Indiana) where I studied voice with Dr. Jeffrey Ballard and piano with Professor Ken Chan. I have spent the last 10 years singing, performing, writing, and recording professionally, and I love to share my musical passions with my students.
*** Lesson Details ***
By taking voice lessons with me, you will increase your vocal range, learn correct breathing methods and healthy practice/warm-up exercises, and gain confidence in your performance skills, all while singing the songs and music styles YOU enjoy. Our lessons will be fun, interesting, and beneficial.
With piano lessons, you will learn music theory (including scales, chords, time signatures, key signatures, etc.), exercises to increase dexterity, and how to play the songs YOU want to play. I typically use the Faber curriculum for my piano students, but this may vary depending on each student's needs and interests.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect the student to provide a piano or working electric keyboard for us to use during the lesson.
*** Specialties ***
In voice lessons, I specialize in teaching contemporary styles- pop, blues, soul, gospel, etc.
In piano lessons, I have much experience in working with beginners, both children and adults, but will work with students up through the intermediate level.
Teaching voice and piano lessons since 2010.
Consistently book performing, recording, and songwriting jobs at the professional level.
· Singing · In studio Leah was so helpful. She is supportive but she is also honest and helps you improve. Excited for the upcoming lessons.
· Music Performance · In studio Really enjoyed my first lesson. Leah explains things in a way that is very helpful and easy to understand. I'm really looking forward to my next lesson!
· Piano · In home Leah is a blast and makes things really simple to understand! She's always patient and kind.
· Piano · In studio My first lesson was great! Leah is a good teacher and is very passion. I love how she takes the time and listen to make sure you have it and doing things correctly.
· Piano · In home Our daughter Norah who's 5 1/2 years old have had 8 months of Suzuki lessons and she hated it. Every time we practiced, it was frustrating and difficult processed for the both of us. Now, we have found Leah, we absolutely love her. Norah enjoys the lessons (4 lessons already) and have asked me to practice with her. This is amazing!
Thank you so much Leah! You have made a big difference for Norah and for us. When you see your child enjoy learning and wanting to learn, that's when you know it's working.
A big thanks to Leah!
· · My teacher is wonderful!
Leah is my singing instructor. This is my first time dealing with singing lessons and she is so great to have! Im 14 years old yet I know so much already. She helped me with my breathing technique and helped me expand my vocal range. She is an awesome and humorous teacher. I recommend her especially to all those alto singers. She relates to us very well. Shes amazing with teaching and using a lot of analogies to help my understandings. Greatest of all, my singing has improved majorly.