Hi, my name is Laura C. and I am a pianist and composer. In 2013 I graduated from Christopher Newport University with my bachelor's degree in music. I just finished up my master's degree in music at George Mason University and am now living in Newport News. I have been taking piano lessons since I was six and have been composing almost just as long. I love teaching lessons and sharing my joy of music with kids.
· Piano · In home Laura has such a positive attitude. This is so endearing to a child. She has inspired Ashton and i can see it will be a good summer!
· Piano · In home Excellent introduction to reading notes / correlation with piano keyboard. Looking forward to first week review / second lesson.
· Piano · In home Laura has been working with my three daughters for the last month. They have taken lessons before but, she assessed them and met them at their varying skill levels. She is awesome! Great with my girls!!
· Piano · In home We just finished our first set of lessons with Laura. My three daughters really enjoyed their lessons and are excited about next week!
· Piano · In home She is very patient.
· Piano · In home Thank you, Skye had a lot of fun and is excited about her next lesson 😃
· Piano · In home We are on third lesson and it's going well with 2 small boys.
· Piano · In home Laura was a great instructor. My 9 year old son had no experience with any instrument before he began lessons with her. He made so much progress in the year and a half they worked together. She followed a musical curriculum, but she also kept him engaged by pursuing some of his special interests as well. She helped him with the Star Wars theme, did holiday music, let him compose his own music, to name a few things. He was so comfortable with her, but she kept him on task. When she moved away, we were devastated.
· Piano · In home Laura taught my 2 children, ages 8 and 6 before she moved. We were sad to lose her as a teacher. She is a skilled instructor and very patient and warm with kids. She is also very punctual and reliable. Would highly recommend her!