- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
ACT OUT!! I have been involved in theatre and acting for over 40 years. It is a passion that has fueled my life in every aspect. The comprehensive study of human condition and development of skills that serve and support self awareness and understanding across the lines of education, social, professional and spiritual aspects of living a life.
I have been onstage since the ago of 5, that is over 40 years of experience in all forms of live theatre.. I grew up in the theatre and have loved every moment of it. After receiving an acting scholarship to The United States International University in San Diego, Ca., I returned home to Texas and begin teaching both group and individual acting lessons with my mother Barbara Lastater. Her program, Barbara Lasater Acting Company (BLAC) was extraordinary successful here in Houston. As a team we offered, Acting, Public Speaking, and Musical Theater. Upon her passing I have started Act Out.
· Acting · In studio Fantastic. Lara has a unique approach that really help me with my skills. She is the best.
· Child Acting · In studio Having Lara as a teacher for my child was well worth the experience. She brought out a confidence in her we knew she had in her but never saw until she started acting lessons.
Her patience, knowledge, and love for what she does is clear. Thank you!
· Acting · In studio I am very happy to have the opportunity to endorse Lara Hermes for her skills as a teacher, and her talent as an actor. Over the past 35 years I have worked on many stage productions with Lara and her mother Barbara, and have seen Lara interact with children of all ages with loving support and understanding.
It's easy to say Lara has learned a lot from the years of working with Barbara and her many students, but Lara has always brought her own unique set of skills to teaching and inspiring young performers.
I am excited that Lara has taken up the torch in bring the art and joy of stagecraft to Houston's young people once again!
· Stage Performance · In studio Lara takes her craft seriously and it is most obvious when working with her. She works diligently in creating believable moments on stage.
· Public Speaking · In studio I started training with Lara to see if I could perform better with client presentations. I was shocked at how well the skills were presented and how the exercises really worked. Lara has a philosophy that better communication skills leads to a bettter understanding of the world around us. I cannot say enough about how she has helped me. My 16 year old daughter has started taking acting lessons with Lara. She loves it and it has improved her understanding of English Lit and life.
· Acting · In studio Mrs. Hermes is one of the best instructors I have ever had the pleasure of taking. She makes the lessons fun and bareable. Unlike most who would just lecture to us Mrs. Hermes truly helped me to become a better actor.
· Acting · In home I love it! I learn a lot about theater and life. I learned to love Shakespeare, speak clearly, and understanding the tools and techniques of acting! These lessons are helping me not only navigate theater, but high school as well! Thanks Mrs. Lara!