Males 8 to 75
Hi, I'm Kristin J, and I'm excited to meet you!
In 15+ years of teaching voice, my students have gone on to sing professionally for opera companies, in folk/acoustic bands, to study performance and music education in college, and some have simply enjoyed the confidence that comes with learning how to sing and improve their quality of life.
I recently relocated from NYC, where I sang with several opera companies, in a music theater festival, on tour in Jakarta, Indonesia, and at Lincoln Center. Professionally, I've sung opera, cross-over, music theater, sacred music, and spirituals with opera companies, in recital, and as a church musician. Currently I sing with the Utah Opera chorus.
I have a MM in Opera from ASU, a BM in Voice from FSU, and am a recent grad of the William Esper Studio for Actors.
While I'm most at home in the classical world, I encourage my students to develop healthy vocal habits and sing what they enjoy.
· Singing · In studio I more than enjoyed my first session with Kristin! We got right to work. In addition to offering her polished voice coaching, she made me feel most comfortable with the session, and the work we were accomplishing. You can do no better!
· Singing · In home Kristin is exceptional. My daughter looks forward to her lessons and is learning from a true professional.
· Singing · In home We were very impressed with Kristin during our first 5 lessons and have already paid for more. Our entire family is taking lessons and Kristin was able to adapt her style to suit all of us (kids are 4yo, 5yo, 6yo). Highly recommended!
· Singing · Kristin Jensen is a vibrant and determined coach who brings out the best in her students. As a colleague of hers, I have had the pleasure if watching many of her students in action and they perform with refined talent and confidence. She teaches solid technique and makes learning fun. Always an inspiration to her students, Kristin is a teacher who not only can teach but is beautifully talented at performing herself. She brings real-life experience into the classroom and will give you 100%! You will love her!
· Opera Voice · In studio Kristin Jensen is an effective communicator and she is passionate about teaching. I studied with Kristin for about two years while preparing for college auditions. Her advice, knowledge, and assistance helped me tremendously as I began to study classical singing. She has the practical and educational experience to help any student to be their best!
· Classical Voice · In studio Kristin has helped me prepare for several vocal performances and she is fantastic. Not only can she bring it with her own voice, she'll help you bring it with yours.