- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I want to dispel the myth that only a select few are "gifted" with beautiful voices. Singing is like a sport; it is a skill requiring refined muscular coordination, which anyone can improve with practice and focused instruction.
My teaching experience encompasses students of all ages and abilities. My specialty is in classical voice, with a focus in opera and art song. I get a deep feeling of satisfaction from watching my students achieve their personal singing goals, and have sent many on to receive top ratings at vocal competitions and college music scholarships.
*** Lesson Details ***
My students describe me as "strict but nice". I encourage my students to set their expectations high, and then provide the tools to reach those goals over time. I love to work with musicians of all levels, as long as they are curious and committed to a "work hard/play hard" philosophy.
Repertoire will vary depending on your musical background and your interests and goals. I am comfortable teaching and performing folk song, art songs in German, French and Italian, and operatic arias. We will choose music together to find pieces that will aid your vocal development and that you enjoy singing.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Piano, music stands, rehearsal rooms, seating for parents
*** Specialties ***
My focus of my undergraduate and Master's studies was in operatic vocal performance. I also have experience with choral and vocal jazz.
I have worked with Fargo-Moorhead Opera, Indianapolis Opera, Minnesota Opera, and Madison Opera; Gilbert and Sullivan Very Light Opera Company; and served as cantor and soloist for large works in churches around the country.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Singing · In studio Great first lesson. Broke everything down very nicely and got me excited to excel.
· Singing · In studio Kristen is a wonderful teacher. She makes lessons enjoyable and productive.
· · Excellent ability to teach the new or accomplished vocalist.
Kristen is wonderful, she is able to make her instructions understandable to the beginner and inspire him to try new things. It's refreshing to see my young son focusing his style with a beautiful classical edge.
· · Knowledgeable and intuitive teacher
Kristen did a great job helping me prepare for an audition in a very short period of time. I am new to singing so we started from the ground up. Her lessons were well thought out and her approach was a good balance of encouragment and pushing me to do my best.
· · Kristen provides lessons to my daughter and she really enjoys the time spent with her. She is engaged, attentive and passionate about the music. HIghly recommend!
· · Thanks
She's a talent and nice girl, Kacel will back Thanks for to be patience.
· · Review
Kristen is a great teacher, fun, patient and explains things well.
· · Kristen is incredible!! She is definitely dedicated to music. She is no doubt a "Patient and a passionate teacher" I look forward to future lessons with her.
· · Conscientious, Knowledgeable and Flexible
I wanted to share my family's great experience with Kristen. Not only has she been a conscientious, patient and knowledgeable teacher, she has been particularly flexible and helpful regarding scheduling issues.
· · Kristen B. made voice lessons fun while still helping me reach my goals. Her experience introduced me to new techniques that I know I'll be using from here on out!