- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have taught voice lessons for about 10 years to children and adults of all ages, abilities, and musical tastes. I received my Master of Music degree in Voice Performance from Florida State University, and a degree in English from Knox College. Most recently, I sang as a soprano soloist at Carnegie Hall, as part of a performance of Haydn's "Lord Nelson Mass."
Students have come to me to improve their singing in many different styles, from pop music to musical theater to classical. I have taught experienced musicians as well as people who have never taken a lesson before.
Whether you're looking to improve your karaoke chops, prepare a solo piece for church, or just try something fun and different, I would encourage you to give voice lessons a shot. I truly enjoy teaching and would love to help you achieve your individual vocal goals!
*** Lesson Details ***
I am a very patient teacher. I use various teaching methods and tailor each lesson to the individual needs of the student. We discuss breath management, the release of unwanted tension, good performance practices, as well as diction and general musical concepts. Studying with me will remind you that singing should be fun, and will boost your confidence and skill level.
*** Studio Equipment ***
My living room studio has a piano and seating for parents who wish to sit in on the lesson. There's also a table in the adjacent kitchen where younger siblings can do homework. Please bring a notebook or paper to take notes, as well as recording equipment if you wish to record the lesson.
*** Travel Equipment ***
*** Specialties ***
Classical voice is my specialty, but I have worked with students on everything from Metallica to Mozart.
· Singing · In studio Both of my daughters, one of which has Asperger's, really enjoyed taking singing lessons with Kimberly over the past one and one-half years, and I would highly recommend her. They each received individualized lessons plus were provided immediate feedback and encouragement. I never heard a "do I have to go" when it came time for their lessons which says allot, especially in the summer when I often hear this about other things.
· Singing · Recommendation
âWhat a fantastic experience! Kimberly is an excellent teacher, creative artist and mentor. I had almost given up on my dream to sing. Today, I am energized and making good progress toward my goals. Thanks again, Kimberly!â
· Singing · Excited for more lessons
I still have more questions but in my 3 lessons so far with Kim she has had all the answers. She has provided a lot of good technique and exercises for my daily regimen and I have had people tell me that my singing sounds a lot better at shows I have done since. I know that it is because of what I've gone over with Kim.
· Singing · Wonderful Experience
I needed to brush up on my vocals for church and Kimberly has demonstrated patience, kindness and instructive and well as constructive advise for improving my skills. I did not realize how some simple techniques can take an OK vocalist to such higher levels. Kim is truly a professional with a good heart.
· · Moving along
The girls and I really enjoy working with Kim. Her home is so relaxing and warm. It matches her personality. The girls feel very comfortable working with her. She's always able to pinpoint exactly what the girls need to do to improve. Whether it's breathing at a certain point, checking posture or visualizing, she always makes just the right suggestion at just the right time. So glad we found her!
· · Student
Kimberly is a great teacher. What a great voice and a great singer. My lessons are informative, enlightening, and inspirational ! Kimberly is taking me right where want to go.
· · Feedback
Nice, professional, competent, focused.
· · Kim does a great job working with me. She is encouraging while giving some helpful suggestions.
· · Kim is very good and my daughter enjoys working with her. We are getting ready for a musical theater performance and my daughter has improved her song 200% since working with Kim.
· · Excellent Teacher
Kimnerly L. is an excellent teacher. She is very knowlegeable regarding vocal science. She is very patient regarding the learning process of her student. Thanks a lot.