With a Masters degree in Arts and Consciousness Studies from J.F. Kennedy Univ, A BA in dance ethnology, performance and choreography and world music, and 3 A.A. degrees in dance, music and psychology, I feel successful to teach various subjects in the arts.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lesson plans will include: Beginning music theory, songbook and study, and beginning songs for piano
*** Studio Equipment ***
Electric keyboard and dun dun drums, djembe drums, guitar and amps, with microphone, 320 square foot space, open space for dance floor :)
*** Travel Equipment ***
djembe drums, electric piano, percussion
I expect the student to provide their notebooks, writing utensils and positive behavior
*** Specialties ***
Jazz improvisation-jazz voicing on piano (music theory)
Dance-Afro-Caribbean dance and folklore
Dunham technique-Afro-Haitian-Afro-Cuban and Modern
African drumming and percussion: Jembe and shekere with song and folklore.
Arts: dance, music and theatre therapy, Massage, Acupressure, reflexology, holistic understanding, Yoga, dance Fitness and Barre fitness.
Certificate for Reflexology, Acupressure-Acupressure Institute
Certificate for Yoga-Yoga Alliance Institute
Certificate for Barre Fitness-Barre Basics
Alexander Technique International (ATI) is a world-wide professional organization created to promote and advance the work begun by F. Matthias Alexander. Its members include teachers, students, and friends of the Alexander Technique. ATI embraces the diversity of the international Alexander Technique community and is working to promote international dialogue.
AAHPERD is the largest organization of professionals involved in physical education, physical activity, dance, school health and sport--all specialties related to achieving an active, healthy lifestyle.
· Piano · In studio I loved taking lessons with Khemya. My job interfered with my lessons. What I enjoyed most is I felt my music which my sound strange but as a senior adult is makes all the difference.
· Piano · In home Ms. Khemya is very good at teaching piano lessons.
· Piano · In studio Very clear and patient
· Drum · In studio My grandson is four years old and I was so pleased with Khemya's patience and ability to connect with him and keep him on task. Khemya is passionate about what she does and it shows. We both had a great experience. I think he is excited about continuing to learn more.
· Piano · In home Khemya is so patient, and was able to make a connection with Rajen so easily. Her empathy and overall sense of caring really made the lessons special. She communicated with him in a really great way, and he got a lot out of the lessons. We can't recommend her enough!