- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a musician with an equal passion for performing and teaching. I have taught ages 8-67 at all levels from beginner to advanced. I believe in the importance of teaching a strong core of music fundamentals but I also want to find what makes music special for each individual student. I believe lessons should be fun and engaging, I try to disguise the learning as much as possible.
Lessons are individually tailored to meet the unique needs and interests of each student but here are a few things you can most likely expect to work on: basic music fundamentals like note and rhythm reading, learning/review of musical symbols and terms, good tone production, learning all the notes on the instrument, scales, technique work, and as soon as we have enough notes... FUN songs.
Many of my students lead their school bands and audition successfully into regional and honor bands. I also have recitals for my students 2-3 times a year to give them the opportunity to perform for friends and family and share what they have been learning.
I teach Saxophone, Clarinet, and Flute
I taught Saxophone, Clarinet, and Flute.
I taught History of Rock and Music Appreciation classes.
I ran an adult amateur chamber group. I arranged the music for them and coached from within the group while playing bari sax. The group was made up of adult students of mine and parents of kid students who had played through high school and wanted to pick it back up.
· Saxophone · In home If anyone happens to get so lucky to come across this wonderful individual as a sax instructor count your blessings. Kendra has been able to teach a 60 years old man(that's me)and teach him a new and exciting skill in a short period of time.
Kendra has a tremendous amount of patients and she would be able to help you meet your musical goal.
I highly recommend Kendra ,she is a great choice,
· Saxophone · In home BEST instructor EVER-The BEST teacher in Las Vegas!!! I'm going to miss your wonderful teachings after all these great months together. However, you 'll be back for me soon!!! Thank you so much!!!!!! I can play Saxophone now! And I can't believe I had no idea how to do it before you come along, you just made everything so easy for me wow!!!. Thank you so, so, much Kendra!!!!
· Saxophone · In home Wonderful experience. Kendra is a very sweet young lady, with a lot of patience and a beautiful spirit. Thank you so much!!! I will work with her much more. I definitely recommend her if you like to learn how to play the saxophone!!!
· Clarinet · In studio Kendra Emery really is the best instructor ever! Our daughter has taken both clarinet and saxophone lessons with Kendra and has benefitted greatly from her individualized approach as well as her technical excellence. By creating a positive environment, Kendra is able to make the learning process fun for students who are new to playing, as well as for advanced students.
· Saxophone · In studio Kendra is an awesome instructor ... As an adult student new to the saxophone she not only taught me the fundamentals but also adjusted the lessons to the style of music I enjoy... My daughter took clarinet with Kendra and was just as happy... The other amazing thing was in a short period of time she brought me to the level where I could be a part of her adult saxophone chamber group... I would highly recommend Kendra whether you are new to the saxophone or clarinet or have been playing awhile and want to increase your level of play with the style of music you enjoy!