*** Studio Equipment ***
Acoustic upright piano, music stands and metronome
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect students to provide a piano or keyboard.
*** Specialties ***
I have been teaching piano lessons for about 20 years. I am able to teach beginning method, classical, and pop, as well as chording, improvisation, and ear training. I studied classically through high school and college, and also have over 20 years of experience playing in and leading church music teams. I have experience with pop-rock, pop, and easy listening styles of music using methods of chording and improvisation. I also have recorded a CD.
MTNA has cemented its role as an organization essential not only to the professional and individual well-being of music-teaching professionals, but also a vital partner in their growth and development. It provides both a collective voice for teachers worldwide and a powerful alliance with a highly prestigious and influential group.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In studio It was great
· Piano · In home Kendra is very nice and a great teacher.
· Piano · In home Best piano teacher in OKC. Great with children!
· Piano · In home She's great. I've learned a lot and it's nice to be able to learn different types of music.
· Piano · In home Kendra is great! She has helped my daughter progress quickly in her piano playing. Kendra is patient and encouraging yet still challenges my daughter to learn something new each time. Kendra recently hosted a Christmas recital for all her students to show what they have learned.
· Piano · In home She is very good with children, and has made my son excited to learn piano. Thanks
· Classical Piano · In home Kendra was my instructor for several years and through several skill levels. I began lessons with her learning theory and counting, and several years later performance with other musicians. She has the patience and experience to guide pianists of any age and skill level.
Kendra guided me early on into a love for classical piano and theory. I had other teachers who gave me primarily their own favorite composers, but Kendra showed me an array of composers and helped me find which style fit me the best. She encouraged me to go beyond what I thought I could do to what she knew I could do, but she did so with kindness and complete confidence in my skills.
Kendra also drew me out of the solitariness of classical piano solos. She taught me modern piano and how to play within a group. Harmonizing with guitarists, drummers, and vocalists is a completely different arena than mastering a sonata by Chopin or Bach. Kendra focused on rounding out my talent so I wasn't focused on just one part of being a pianist.
· Piano · In home I took piano lessons from Kendra for almost three years and loved it. She was very easy to learn from and helped foster an environment of creativity and encouragement - not pressure or unrealistic standards. Kendra has lots of experience in both classical and current/modern music. That was perfect for me because I wanted to learn the piano for pleasure and practicality. I wasn't interested in becoming the best classical pianist, so she helped me grow into what I really loved and enjoyed, which was learning to play worship music. I would highly recommend Kendra as a piano teacher to anyone who is interested in taking lessons, especially if you are a beginner who wants to explore where piano might take you in life and what you really love about it.