I started teaching piano lessons privately while I was a student at the University of Texas. My students range from 5 to 14 years old, introductory to intermediate playing levels.
I have an extensive background in music theory including classical piano training, contemporary guitar, years of choir, and personal voice coaching.
I have a special ability to work with young and inexperienced students. I am the perfect teacher for a student that is just being introduced to the world of piano. I am also a great teacher for those students who have a light background but are just starting to be re-introduced to the piano.
•Development of appropriate technique and repertoire from beginner to intermediate students
•Prepare and challenge students in a private setting for a music recital
· Piano · In studio Both of our kids (8 and 6) have been taking lessons from Kate for several months. Our kids started lessons with no experience and have made great progress in a short amount of time. Kate has a teaching approach that has been well received by our children. Kate ensures the kids remain challenged week to week while still having fun. We are lucky to have found Kate and highly recommend her if you are looking for a great piano teacher.
· Piano · In studio Great first lesson! Excellent, engaging and patient teacher. Wonderful experience for my son.
· Piano · In studio We've only had one lesson, and already love Kate. She took the time to listen to Annabel and then catered the lesson straight to her needs and personality. Thanks!
· Piano · In studio Our seven year old is easily frustrated and distracted. Kate has been able to keep her on task. Our seven year old has learned much.
· Piano · In studio Kate has been teaching both of my boys (8 and 9) for about 18 months and really does a great job with them. She's very patient, and yet gets on them (in a nice way!) if they don't practice like they should. They have really learned a lot from her and respond well to her instruction. I'd highly recommend her for any young beginners.
· Piano · In home We just love kate! She is teaching my 6 year old son, and after 5 lessons he can already play some simple songs and has learned so much. I'm so amazed at how much she has been able to teach him in such a short amount of time! She is fun and professional and my son is crazy about her! She is flexible and dependable and we are very happy with our decision to go with her. We have a younger son who just turned 4 so we opted for the in home teacher so we wouldn't have to figure out how to occupy him or keep him quiet at a conservatory while his big brother had his lesson. It is working out great! Thanks Kate! Looking forward to many more lessons with you :)
· Piano · In home Kate is amazing! After every lesson my daughter raves about how much she enjoys working with Kate! That for me is worth every penny. To have a happy child loving what she is being taught is truly priceless! Thanks Kate