- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello^^ My name is Justin. I studied Music Composition and Piano at Towson University, and I've been teaching for over Nine years. A few things I would like you to know about me are that I love video games, cartoons, and movies. I especially love the music found in them. Teaching, for me, is a way to learn. If something doesn't make sense we must figure out what's going on inside the mind. By discovering the best way for a student to learn or how a student learns best, already, we have a gateway to endless potential.
*** Lesson Details ***
-Fun and engaging
-Customized to how your brain learns. One size does not fit all when it comes to education!
-Keyboard Memorization, Sight Reading, Singing, Posture, and Technique
-Theory and Harmony
-Compose and perform your own Music!
-Free Interpretation and Artistic Development
A typical lesson with me will have us tackling a number of music fundamentals and general technique. My goal is to teach you HOW to learn, as well as what to learn.
*** Studio Equipment ***
My studio consists of a separate fully furnished room with an acoustic upright piano.
*** Specialties ***
The only general method that I use is teaching basic singing to help develop a strong sense of relative pitch. I specialize in teaching Classical and classical hybrid musics including video game scores, and movie scores.
Over 8 years of experience designing custom music and piano lessons for all age groups. Students prepared for public recitals that were held twice a year.
I currently teach at the Baltimore Montessori Charter School as part of a broad and specialized music education experience.
· Piano · In studio Good experience. Justin is a patient and a knowledgeable instructor. Enjoyed the experience.
· Piano · In studio My daughter is in her second year of taking lessons with Justin. She enjoys her lessons and is eager to practice, since she gets good feedback from Justin. He has a good rapport with kids and makes piano even more enjoyable.
· Piano · In studio When our daughter said she wanted to take piano lessons, we checked out several instructors in various teaching settings. We feel very fortunate to have found Justin for our 10yr young daughter's first piano lessons! His approach with her has invited her to want to learn and do well. He selected just the right books for her lessons and is also helping her learn a song she wants to play from one of her favorite bands. This keeps her engaged with other aspects of skill building and music reading! He also wrote out a clear description of what she is to include in home practice sessions. We definitely recommend Justin.
· Piano · In home Justin has been providing lessons to my two children for several years. First to my son (who left piano for trumpet) and now my daughter. He is patient with children, able to help them work on areas they need to focus on while praising them for their abilities.
I would absolutely recommend Justin to others.
· Piano · In home Consistant teaching method, great explanations and examples. Wonderful ideas and games to keep young students interested