- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I currently play and teach all the orchestral string instruments, all forms of guitar, electric bass, and all forms of brass instruments. I earned a Bachelor of Music degree in trumpet performance from Emory and Henry College and then went on to earn a Master of Music degree in Trumpet Performance with a concentration in Music Theory and Composition from the University of Louisiana at Monroe. I have performed in many ensembles throughout his career including: the New River Brass Quintet, the Symphony of the Mountains, the Monroe Symphony Orchestra, the Emory and Henry Trumpet Ensemble, the ULM symphony orchestra, the ULM Wind Ensemble, and the ULM Jazz Ensemble. I had the opportunity to travel to Austria and Germany to perform as well as across the United States at events such as the International Trumpet Guild Conference. I currently serves as the Albemarle Road Middle School Director of Strings as well as teaching private lessons in wind and string instruments. I am a member of the National Association for Music Educators, the International Trumpet Guild, as well as the American String Teachers Association.
I teach orchestral instruments and guitar to students in the 6th through 8th grades at Albemarle Road Middle School and Crestdale Middle School
Taught music lessons on many different instruments: brass, strings, percussion, etc.
Taught Private lessons on string and brass instruments.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America (also known as Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Phi Mu Alpha, or simply Sinfonia) is an American collegiate social fraternity for men with a special interest in music. The fraternity is open to men &amp;quot;who, through a love for music, can assist in the fulfillment of [its] Object and ideals either by adopting music as a profession, or by working to advance the cause of music in America.&amp;quot;
· Cello · In home Jonathan is very professional, courteous, polite, encouraging, accommodating, and flexible. A passionate and well qualified string mucisian and teacher. I would recommend him to anyone of all ages.
· Mandolin · In studio JT makes learning fun and is very knowledgeable in many areas of music!
· Guitar · In studio Fantastic teacher!!!
· Tuba · Online Jonathan is a fantastic teacher! My son has learned a ton and loves lessons. My son's band teacher is very impressed with the progress he is making and the quality of instruction he is receiving. Jonathan provides excellent instruction and great follow up with lessons. We are thrilled to have him as our teacher!
· Guitar · In studio I am 8 years old. I like Jonathan because he is patient with me and really helping me to be a better guitarist.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Jonathan is very good at pushing me into areas that I'm not comfortable with. This has helped my overall playing. I'm still taking lessons and learning more each week.
· Guitar · In studio Jonathon has been teaching my son for over a year and has done a fantastic job. He has been great in his ability to adjust and customize each week. My son looks forward to his lesson each week!
· Guitar · In studio Jonathan is fantastic with the kids - they came out excited to learn their instrument! He is using techniques that are more fun than what they previously had in lessons with other teachers. He recognizes the need to make it fun and current while learning at the same time. This makes the kids want to keep going and makes their instrument/music relevant to them. He is very knowledgeable and professional. We are thrilled to have him as our instructor!
· Mandolin · In studio Jonathan is a very patient and talented instructor, with a really broad depth of knowledge.
· Cello · In studio Jonathan teaches my daughter and she has enjoyed her first set of lessons from him so far. She is in orchestra at her Middle School so the summer lessons have helped her improve her technique and when I listen to her practice I have noticed improvement in the sound. Scheduling was easy and he is flexible. It has been a great experience thus far.