- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have had a studio since 2001. I teach all ages and levels of students. I'm very good with beginners. I am very patient and encouraging with my students. I am able to quickly diagnose problems and recommend a solution so the student can progress.
I am a member of the American String Teachers Association (ASTA).
Principal cello for Symphony Irvine.
I have been teaching cello lessons privately since 2001.
Helped middle schoolers with their orchestra music
California Summer Music is a 3 week intensive chamber music camp in Northern California, I planned daily activities and excursions for young musicians aged 11-25. Supervised students to use their practice time wisely. Also, was the videographer for concerts and master classes.
I taught music to preshool children using music recordings, movement, various instruments and crafts meant to reinforce the days lesson.
Learned the art of cello teaching from a Master. Helped students tune their instruments. Observed lessons and offered helpful suggestions. Taught students while the teacher was out of town on a monthly basis.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
· Cello · In studio John is laid-back and comfortable with my son, quickly assessing where to start with him. We were given clear homework and are excited to see where this journey with the cello takes us!
· Cello · In home Having a positive experience with John teaching our son cello. He works well with children, patient, understanding while setting expectations for the student to reach.
· Cello · In home John is very patient, organized and structured. He has definite lesson plans. It makes it easier for my child to understand his instrument and learn it. I am very happy to have found him for my son. ----Thank you John!
· Cello · In studio Mr John is a naturally gifted musician & teacher. Our young son has made amazing progress in less than 1 year. We would highly recommend him for cello instruction. He has a masterful understanding & knowledge of music and is able to convey this in a professional & easy to understand manner. We are grateful to have such a exceptional teacher for our son.