- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Joseph has been honing his abilities in guitar for over seventeen years and has performed extensively throughout the east coast. He earned his B.M. in Performance degree from The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, as well as receiving a formal recognition as “Outstanding Performer” by the faculty of the department of music. He also received two additional recognition and scholarships from the University of North Carolina at Pembroke for his exceptional skill in music performance.
Over the years, he has been recognized for his outstanding musicality and his passionate performances. His guitar playing and musicianship has been described as “a combination of deep and moving musical ideas with beautiful sound and refined technique”. His performances are energetic and highly expressive, whether he is performing for a large audience or a small and intimate gathering.
In addition to frequently performing in the Charlotte, Lake Norman, and surrounding areas, he is also an inspired music teacher. He teaches various styles of guitar, including electric and steel-string acoustic guitar, as well as different musical genres such as rock, blues, and folk. As an instructor, he wants to share his love of music with his students, and his goal is to awaken the musical potential in them. He is a highly dedicated professional with a desire to not only teach students how to play the guitar but to learn how to use the guitar as a vehicle of musical expression.
I teach guitar and topics in music at a wonderful school, which also teaches dance, languages, and art.
I taught guitar and drums to students in the Pineville and surrounding areas.
I taught music to high school students and younger at the Creative EJ music studio in the Lake Norman Area. Other areas of music I taught included melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic ear training, music-reading, as well as electric guitar and drum set.
Guitar Foundation of America (GFA) is the America's leading classical guitar organization founded in 1973 at the National Guitar Convention sponsored by the American String Teachers Association (ASTA).
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Joseph is a fantastic instructor! He's extremely talented, supportive and enthusiastic. It's been a pleasure learning from him.
· Guitar · In home Was great with my 7, 9, 10 year olds! They all enjoyed their lessons.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Joey is a very talented musician and he is an excellent teacher. He's very patient and I have learned something new with every lesson. I would definitely recommend Joey for a beginner or someone like me who already has some experience.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Joey R. He really wants to share his experience. And over all he is patient and repeated many times to make sure if you catchup .He is the best instructor I found
Current student Lula
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I purchased acoustic guitar lessons for my husband as a Christmas gift and he took his first lesson on January 2nd 2016. I accompanied my husband to his lesson and met Joey. He is a very nice and personable guy. My husband was very pleased with his first lesson and said Joey was an excellent teacher with a lot of knowledge and patience. My husband already knows the basics of guitar playing but had hit a roadblock and couldn't seem to go any further without some good instructions. Some people are good at playing but just don't have the skill and patience for teaching others but Joey does. Mu husband learned some new things with his first lesson and came with some homework. Way to go Joey!
· Classical Guitar · In home Searched for a guitar teacher for several weeks and was so happy to meet and eventually hire Joey. He is a great teacher and is patient and deliberate in his approach. My Son is very happy before and after each lesson and is preparing for his first performance! So glad we have Joey as his guitar teacher!
· · In home Awesome guitarist and awesome teacher!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Very knowledgable , great with teaching kids , punctual , and wide range of music teaching
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio My kids love Joey! He is a great teacher and mentor
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio In my first month of lessons, changed the way I practice. Because of this, I am playing much more than I used to! Highly recommended.