- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
To help you get started, your first lesson with Joe will include a free instructional video along with a cymbal hand guide and a free rudiment chart... Joe A, award winning educator and author of “The True Basics of Drumming” attended Music Institute of Technology (MIT), Hollywood, California where he was introduced to music theory, various drum set styles and playing techniques. Joe continued his music education studying with several name musicians such as Paul Cush, formerly of CBS Studios; Terry Bozzio and Chuck Silverman. Joe has studied, work with and received credit from Chuck Silverman’s compilation “The Funk Masters” published by Warner Bros.
A veteran drummer of more than 25 years, Joe began playing at the age of 13 where he started out in the typical fashion of jamming with his buddies playing practically every night.
Joe has been teaching students of all ages for more than 20 years and has been awarded by highly acclaimed Vic Firth, for his contributions in education and recognized for musical integrity, dedication, professionalism and outstanding contributions to teaching.
Joe has performed and been an instructor/clinician at several universities, colleges, schools, churches, and music stores; He has appeared at schools throughout California, Nevada, and Colorado, to name a few states.
In closing, Joe manages to teach at his Practical Rhythms Studio, and performs master classes, clinics, concerts and tours throughout the year and still finds time to write and produce his instructional videos, The True Basics of Drumming.
Online education service
NAMM is the not-for-profit association that promotes the pleasures and benefits of making music and strengthens the $17 billion global music products industry. NAMM's activities and programs are designed to promote music making to people of all ages.
· Drum · In studio Joe is an awesome teacher! He is super helpful and patient. He offers practical but essential instruction on the basics of drumming. Can't wait to continue classes with him!
· Drum · In studio Joe is a wonderful teacher. He is very knowledgeable and experienced and generous in sharing what he knows with the student. He takes the time to patiently explain each step of the lesson for the day and is happy to answer any questions I may have. I also appreciate that he’s thoughtful and just a really good human being. I’m grateful to be able to take lessons from him. With Joe’s help, I’m looking forward to becoming the best drummer I can be!
· Drum · In home Joe is a great instructor. I took lessons with him when I was 19 and then stopped. I hit a wall in my progress and was feeling uninspired for months. I was split in so many directions, I was not making any significant progress. I tried online for a while and then it hit me. Go see Joe again. I did and within the first week I was back on track.
If you are a new drummer, go see Joe! I remember when I was first learning from Joe. His teaching style makes it easy to learn.
If you are a drummer who is stuck in a rut and can't progress. Go see Joe. He'll get you back on track.
I won't stop now. I will continue to train with Joe until the student has out-mastered the master.
· Drum · In home Thanks Joe for being an inspiration and role model to my boy. He is enjoying his lessons and has learned more than you know! You are so patient with him!
· Drum · In home Joe is a great drum teacher! My little boy is just beginning to play drums and Joe is very patient with him! I can't say enough great things about Joe. My little boy loves him! Thanks Joe for being a role model for discipline and ambition. My little guy is learning more than drums from you!
· Drum · In studio My son has been taking lessons from Joe for over a year now. Wonderful instructor! He really knows how to talk to his students and teach them in a way they understand. My son has not only enhanced his skills, but has gained knowledge about the music industry and what is behind the music itself. Highly recommend this instructor!