- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 7 to 40
Joan is a passionate drummer, percussionist, and teacher. She plays any genre and performs regularly all over Southern California. She also performed with Gwen Stefani on television shows including Saturday Night Live, Good Morning America, David Letterman, MTV TRL, and the Ellen Show.
Joan earned her Bachelors of Music in Percussion Performance from the Bob Cole Conservatory of Music at CSU Long Beach.
Drumset, congas, bongos, cajon, auxiliary percussion.
All styles of drumset, hand percussion.
· Drum · In home Joan has been teaching our 9-year-old son for about two years. She is terrific -- patient, reliable, easy to work with, and has developed a great relationship with our son. Joan takes care to tailor her lessons and songs to you child's interests. We highly recommend her.
· Drum · In home My 15 year old daughter is a beginning drummer. She is really enjoying her lessons with Joan and feels like she is really learning how to be a drummer.
· Drum · In home Joan has been teaching our 5 year old daughter in our home and has incredible patience and finds ways to make it fun for her as well as educational. She also was flexible when we needed to change our lesson times from a weekday to a weekend morning time slot and was always on time and very professional. I would highly recommend her as a teacher for a young beginner!
· Drum · In home Joan is very patient as an instructor. I appreciate the feedback she has given me on nuances in my body posture, my grip on the sticks, and seating position to help me be comfortable during the lessons. I began drum lessons with her early in my pregnancy and she has been very accommodating to my busy and hectic schedule.
· Drum · Joan is GREAT!
Joan has been a fantastic teacher to our 5 year old son. She is very patient and takes the time to ensure that he is following directions and understanding drumming concepts. She also is flexible with scheduling and kept in constant touch with us if any changes were made to the scheduled practice lessons. We highly recommend Joan to anyone who is looking to take drum lessons from TakeLessons. Thanks Joan!!!
· · Drum Lessons
My sons experience with Joan as his drum teacher has been great! She is very knowledgeable in both her musicl skills and working well with young people. She took time to observe my son to fine which way he learns best. He is now getting the most out of each lesson. Most importantly he is happy with his progress and looks foward to his lesson each week.
· · awsome teacher
miss joan is an awsome teacher and knows what shes talking about... she doesnt leave behind and make sure you know the lesson before she goes on
· · Joan Q.
It is such a pleasure to have Joan. My daughter had no formal music training and Joan's patience made it so much easier for her. She's extreemly knowledgable & very patient.....and very flexible with time changes etc.
· · Joan is a very knowledgeable, patient, & pleasant instructor. I've learned a lot over the past couple months. And every time I struggle with something new, she has a different technique or trick up her sleeve to help me overcome my difficulties. I've even recommended her to a couple friends, but they have yet to discover Joan's impressive talents.
· · I never thought I could do it
Joan is always smiling.She has great patience.She is a good teacher.