- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been a professional musician for over 35 years and have taught beginning piano and oboe privately and in group classes. For the past 18 years, I've taught for Deer Valley Unified School District. I will make your lessons fun and exciting and teach to your abilities. I also use music apps and games that keep students interested for longer than just sitting at the piano. I believe that all children are inherently musical and the study of music can help a student in all aspects of their life, not just music.
*** Studio Equipment ***
In addition to the standard music stands, metronome, tuners and music, I have digital recording equipment for student's audition recordings. I have helped college bound students get into serious music programs like Arizona State University and the University of Arizona. For students ages 5 to 9 years old, I recommend the recorder as a introductory woodwind before learning the oboe.
During my years teaching at DVUSD I taught beginning piano, general music, chorus and beginning band classes. I produced many grade level performances.
I apply the Orff-Shulwerk process to teaching any instrument and use it for all levels. It is based on things children like to do: sing, chant rhymes, clap, dance, and keep a beat on anything near at hand. These instincts are directed into learning music by hearing and making music first. then reading and writing later.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
The International Double Reed Society (IDRS) was established in December of 1971 and is a world-wide organization of double reed (oboe and bassoon family) players, instrument manufacturers and enthusiasts. The society has over 4,400 members from 56 countries. Within the United States, 50 states as well as the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico are represented.
· Piano · In home I am an "older" student (60+ years old) starting with the basics. Jill's wealth of experience as a musician and as a teacher have supported my progress, and have made lessons enjoyable!
· Piano · In home Jill is so kind and patient with me. She wanted me to learn the basic correctly and play the music the way it should be, She is very talented and highly recommended to any one who would like to take piano lessons. I gave her 5 big, big stars.
· Piano · Online
· Piano · In studio Jill is an excellent teacher. She very quickly can diagnose technically we
Hat needs to be corrected and gives exercises so the bad habits can be broken and as a student I get better
· Piano · In studio My 13 yr old son has been taking piano lessons with Jill for a few months. I have seen a tremendous improvement in his focus and confidence. He is doing well with learning to read notes and practices every day with out a reminder. I'm very happy with Jill ' s teaching style. We will continue lessons for the foreseeable future until she feels he mastered piano.
· Oboe · In home Great teacher, very patient and knowledgeable. My daughter has been taking lessons for a bit over a month and has made very noticeable progress and is excited to practice and go to lessons.
· Piano · In studio Very good teacher
· Oboe · In studio My 10-year old son is taking oboe lessons from Jill. I like that she is such a specialist on the oboe but also understands children and how to teach them. This is a great combination. We are very happy with her!
· Piano · In studio I liked that Jill took her time with my grand-daughter to find out how much music she knew so that Jill knew where to start her instruction.
· Piano · In home Great Teacher