- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been tutoring for about thirteen years. I have worked with students in areas of writing, internet research, and public speaking. I was also a school teacher for several years, and was very effective in teaching reading through phonics and site words, using real life situations such as creative expression through writing and dialog to make learning more meaningful.
My approach to tutoring is collaborative with the student, regardless of age or academic level. Writing and critical thinking skills are developed by brainstorming, drafting, and identifying opportunities to construct thoughts into sentences. I keep tutoring fresh and interesting, gradually introducing concepts as the tutoring process becomes more advanced. This may be formal or informal, such as identifying a phrase or sentence as a "metaphor," generating discussion of what a metaphor is, and when it is typically used.
Other areas of tutoring are vocabulary, spelling, usage of grammar, and research .
Tutor individuals with various disabilities. Areas include beginning reading, composition, organizational skills, and writing.
I have a certification as a personal development life coach.
· Reading · In home We engaged Jennifer to assist my brother Gary in improving his reading skills. She was patient with him, and helped to motivate him as he worked diligently to improve his reading skills. Thank you Jennifer for a very positive experience.
· Creative Writing · In home I have a business website for my pet grooming service. Jennifer helped me devise content for the site that gets my message across effectively and succinctly. She helped me determine what really needs to be said vs. what might look nice, but that might be redundant. I was able to shorten my draft without losing any quality of content.