- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a graduate of Lawrence University with a BA in Music (Piano) and German. I've played piano for almost 20 years, but in college performed more with voice. In college as a BA candidate I was able to take a variety of lessons, including classical piano (my major), jazz piano, classical voice, and jazz voice. One of my favorite projects in college included a recital comprised of all the types of music I love playing and learning about such as a solo piano piece, a few piano duets, a piece where I sang and accompanied myself, a vocal jazz small group, and a few others.
I'm currently working in a jazz trio with a guitarist and trumpeter playing (and singing) tunes from tons of different genres, such as Erykah Badu's "Window Seat", Thom Yorke's "Eraser", Incubus' "Anti-Gravity Love Song", Ceu's "Cangote", a handful of different jazz standards, and much more. The trio project is a good example of all the types of music I love to sing and teach.
My goal for the next year is to complete a 12 track album with my trio. Just thinking about it is exciting!!
Taking lessons with me I can teach you specifics on classical voice or piano and jazz voice or piano, but we can also work on combining them!
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons with me will be laid-back but focused. Each student will receive an individualized curriculum based upon their needs/wants from their lessons. Believe me, I've had some bone-dry teachers in the past, and if you're not having fun and liking what you're doing, you're most likely going to forget the lesson you just had. We're going to learn by having fun and doing what I love most!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Music room, full-sized live-action keyboard, two chairs and bench, mirror, room for parents wait
*** Travel Equipment ***
Students need to have a piano or a full-sized keyboard on which to practice or have lessons.
*** Specialties ***
Personally I am interested in many different genres of music (classical voice, jazz voice, classical piano, jazz piano, accompanying), and in college I was able to take many different kinds of lessons to fulfill my needs. As a result, I feel very comfortable teaching others about all sorts of different genres of music.
I have worked at COT for three years now and work with the general director and general manager to hire singers through auditions I plan.
· Piano · In home Jane is VERY patient and super fun! Our daughter is a tough cookie, but she absolutely adores Miss Jane and has done her best piano work since starting with her. I highly recommend her! And the ability for lessons to be in the home is just beyond convenient.
· Piano · In home We had our first lesson with Jane last night. Lily is a tough cookie, but Jane handled her REALLY well. Also LOVE having the lesson in our home. With our busy schedules, it's nice being able to keep my daughter in lessons but not have to trek her to a school.
We're looking forward to a long relationship with Jane (hopefully)!
· Singing · This Instructor is like Comfort Food and Exercise. ...!
Ms. Jane H. is the ONLY instructor Ive ever had that has made me feel so comfortable and confident with learning myself in my singing abilities. .. (of which I THOUGHT was minimal to say the least) . I didnt think the talent im learning to grasp and manipulate was in me until I met Jane..
Ive listened to her talent on YouTube, and I know for sure Jane will get me to the big leagues with my gifts..
If your looking for an Instructor that nurtures with fun your latent potential to full blown "Talent"..; Start Here with Lady Jane H..
· Piano · I enjoyed my first piano lesson.
Jane is an excellent teacher and a very professional person.
· · Very personable, knowledgeable teacher
· · piano lessons
Jane is really awesome. I like her teaching style, piano skills and flexibility. Perfect match for me!