- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Rising soprano Jamie Balter most recently received recognition by both The American Prize in Voice and New York Lyric Opera Theatre Competition for her performance of works by Strauss, Mozart, and Wagner. A native of Baltimore, Ms. Balter earned her Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance from the University of Miami’s Frost School of Music. During the 2015/16 season, Ms. Balter returned to the Hawaii Performing Arts Festival as Marcellina in Mozart’s Le Nozze di Figaro, where she also covered Countess Almaviva under the baton of Maestro James Richman. In addition, she appeared as La Chatte/L’Écureuil in Ravel’s L’Enfant et les Sortilèges. Previously, Ms. Balter joined the roster of Russian Opera Workshop, where she covered Zemfira in Rachmaninoff’s Aleko and the title role in an abridged version of Tchaikovsky’s Romeo and Juliet. Balter began the 2016 season as a guest artist in From Heidelberg to Hanover, where she performed Strauss’ Four Last Songs in addition to selections from Lohengrin, Der Freischütz, and Tannhäuser with Lyric Opera Baltimore Artistic Director, James Harp. Highlights of the 2014/15 season include Second Lady in Mozart’s Die Zauberflöte with the Hawaii Performing Arts Festival, Alice (cover) in Verdi’s Falstaff with Harrower Opera Workshop, and An Evening of Opera & Song with the McDonogh Guest Artist Series. Ms. Balter has coached extensively with Caren Levine, and is currently a student of Justin John Moniz.
Sigma Alpha Iota is a professional International Music Fraternity for women. Formed to uphold the highest standards of music and to further the development of music in America and throughout the world, it continues to provide musical and educational resources to its members and the general public.Sigma Alpha Iota operates its own national philanthropy, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
· Piano · In home Loved her!! My daughter is 5 years old very high spirited and she really knew how to keep her attention. Can't wait until her next lesson!! Happy mommy!
· Piano · In home Nice, professional, great energy! My daughter loved her from the minute they started her first class. She is very patient and makes the class really enjoyable.
· Singing · Online First lesson was great, can't wait to continue!
· Singing · In home Today was my daughter's first lesson with Jamie. She was totally delighted!!! Jamie made her feel very comfortable and wishing more time together. Jamie is very professional and knowlegeable. I'm very glad I choose her and I recommend her to anybody.
· Singing · In studio Jamie is an amazing instructor. She is very professional and takes the time to give me encouragement. I recommend her highly.
· Piano · Ms. Jamie is everything that embodies a wonderful and professional piano teacher. My child adores her and is learning so quickly. Aways enthusiastic for the next class.
· Opera Voice · In studio Very helpful in fixing technique problems and finding repertoire . Friendly and easy to work with. Good piano skills. Smart and knows a lot about opera.
· Classical Voice · In studio Jamie was a very patient mentor, and incredibly easy to work with! She had a strong, positive energy that really helped make a strong connection. Her techniques are sound, and the way she explains them is easy to follow and, more often than not, quite fun!
· Vocal Training · In studio Jamie was my voice teacher for two summers and I really grew through all the lessons I had with her. I also really enjoyed the time I spent working with her and felt very comfortable being around her. Jamie worked very hard to make me a better singer and performer. She stretched by range and improved many other aspects of my voice and performing. She also was able to greatly expand my repertoire. When beginning my lessons with Jamie I did not have much experience with singing songs that were not musical theatre. During my lessons with Jamie I continued to sing musical theatre pieces, as well as songs from many other genres. Through my lessons I was able to become a much better all around performer. I strongly recommend Jamie to anyone looking for a voice teacher!
· Vocal Training · In studio Jamie taught my middle school aged daughter voice lessons for two consecutive summers. She is knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and makes people feel very comfortable. They worked on basic technique, and studied music from various genres. The lessons were always tailored to meet my daughter's unique interests and needs. I would recommend Jamie as a voice teacher with no hesitation!!