- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Welcome! It pleases me to welcome you as a valued student. My job as your instructor/coach is to ensure that my students get the best knowledge and skills. I teach the following lessons:* Voice lessons * English * Spanish * Public Speaking * Piano for beginners and revisiting...
I advocate a dynamic variety of approaches to your learning styles and trends. My interest is in the study of voice production; functionality, style/approach, health, and stage presence and as a result, my students are empowered with useful tools to reach their goals, confront and overcome common oppositions.
I am a PROCESS teacher. Everything in life is a process. Therefore, as a PROCESS teacher, I believe in beginning every first lesson with all of the information (I plan to teach) as a preview. Immediately (upon the next lesson) followed by my teaching methods:
My teaching methods fall into these four categories: (D.A.D.E.)
• Discovery- Gathering relevant and resourceful information of voice functionality.
• Application- Putting technical skills to use and knowledge of when to use them.
• Development- Process learning- Changes cause/effects and as a result, progress, production, and promise. “Trust the process.”
• Execute- To bring forth, carry out, and perform!
Process teaching and learning is a specific teaching style that not only empowers the students to feel confident about their craft, it also gives the students useful skills that can be applied to REAL "time-life" scenarios. This reinforcement confirms that the students have indeed learned what they've hired me for and more.
By signing up for voice lessons with Jackson, you will become a V.I.P. member. What is a VIP member? V.I.P. members have the inside opportunities to learn “singer secrets!” (Vowels, Interpretations and Pept-talk).
• Vowels- Two different approaches: Spoken and Sung
• Interpretation- A stylistic approach that best explains or makes sense of. Your explanation for your creativeness.
• P.E.P.T.-Talk (Details in your lesson)
1. The most important thing for singers/musicians/language students is that they train their ears. Why? Because 90% of what you'll learn is by what you recall from hearing/listening.
2. ENVIRONMENT- is key to your learning. It's important for you to surround yourself around the very things that you're learning.
Once you sign up, you’ll receive a questionnaire. The information you provide is vital because it shapes and designs your learning curriculum.
Bio: From Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Born October 15th, 1974) is an American singer, songwriter, arranger, and producer. Notable instruments are the piano and percussion. Jackson is one of Washington, DC’s prominent male vocalists. His voice is recognized as; beautiful light lyrical-pure tone, fine diction, long phrasing and an extended high range. He is also known for his work within the concert/recital repertoires around the Washington, DC Metropolitan areas and performances with the Symphonic Orchestra of Northern Virginia, Jeff Dokken, conductor.
Jackson credits himself as a Pop Inspirational singer. “Music to touch, move, and inspire.”- Jackson C.
Jackson has experience working with youth and adults in churches, and privately. He has taught music and accompanied the production "KIDS" at the Kelsie Collie Children's Musical Experience.
His music education studies hail from; University of the District of Columbia,- Washington, DC, Oberlin Conservatory under Richard Miller,- Oberlin, OH, and Shenandoah University Conservatory under Dr. Kathryn Green,- Winchester, VA with an emphasis in Voice Pedagogy (CCM) Contemporary Commercial Music. His professional music career began (Spring 2009) in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. Jackson is fortunate to have had a career built on “word of mouth” via his fans and supporters. Often, he is called upon to sing for; weddings, funerals, private parties, churches, recitals etc. Words and phrases that best describe Jackson's vocal performances are: (G.R.I.P.) Graceful, Refreshing, Inspiring, and Powerful.
*** Specialties ***
Pop, Inspirational, Gospel, Rhythm & Blues (R&B), Classical, Contemporary Jazz, some musical theater.
"Trust the process! Everything in life began and ends with a process."- B. Jackson Caesar
Languages: (English & Spanish)
My interest in the Hispanic language, its apparatus, style/approach, and culture as it pertains to the ever growing population and bilingualism around the Americas. My desire is to engage the students in the discovery and appreciation of the lingual- romantic tongues.
Countries visited; Mexico and Peru.
I can guarantee that within a few months you'll feel confident and sure that you're conversation- ready to Speak Spanish. Therefore, if you're preparing a trip to a Spanish speaking country, you’ll find Peruvian Castellano pronunciation straightforward and as good as any other, with few of the dropped letters or peculiarities found in some other countries.
English (As a second language)
I enjoy helping others learn the complexities of the English language. English is indeed a hard tongue to grasp however; it’s not difficult once you understand its secrets. (Phonetic learning)
Acting Coach: I advocate a dynamic variety of approaches to your learning styles and trends. My interest is in the study of voice production; functionality, style/approach, health, and stage presence and thus, my students are empowered with useful tools to reach their goals, confront and overcome common oppositions.
Public Speaking: Like that of the other subjects, my primary focus is to give you fundamental skills of interpretation. There are seven interpretation techniques that are used to empower and influence not only the speaker, but even your audience. The seven interpretative techniques can be applied to these six types of speeches: Narrative, Descriptive, Expository, Persuasive, Informative, and Social groups. You will also learn stage presence, and effective leadership skills. By the end of this course, you’ll not only have the confidence, you’ll have the command and compassion to lead.
* I have taught private lessons out of my home for about two years.
* Piano (6-50+) I enjoy helping people return to their passion.
* Voice (6-60+)
I recently took some time off (4 years) because of my professional singing career and recently, two additional years to study Voice Pedagogy (CCM) in Contemporary and Commercial Music.
Countries visited; Mexico and Peru.
I took up Spanish as a hobby. I lived in Peru for about 6 months. (Immersion) I learned Castilian (Castellano) and a little of Quechua. (Peruvian Indigenous language)
I have tutored beginning Spanish.
I have taught Spanish Conversation workshops using relative scenarios that include excursions about town.
I was honored to perform a fundraiser Jazz Concert "The Song Giver" in order to raise awareness for homeless in the Washington, DC area.
I was honored during the Hispanic Heritage Month for: Student body leadership. President of the UDC Spanish Club. Leading Club/Organization on campus. (40+ active members)
Often called upon to sing at the UDC Mortuary Science Program- I was the honorary guest performer during their awards ceremony.
· Acting · In studio Jackson on my recent class was completely rude and insensitive to me . He has no understanding of other cultures, was inconsiderate, and full of assumptions for a teacher who should help people open up. He is unsupportive of difference. He said "what's wrong with you, this should come naturally to u" when I couldn't portray an emotion. And it was my 4th day! I mean he doesn't know me or the culture I came from! I felt discouraged and left with a decision not to continue with him. This was a bad impression for some one who is new to this country. I hope he enjoys my hard earned money I payed & won't be available to attend anymore. I am furious. But, hopefully he is the only teacher who is pretentious on this website. Out
· Vocal Training · In home Jackson is a pleasure to work with. My son and I both enjoyed the session. This instructor is very knowledgeable and proovide a lot of information and professional tips. We are happy tp have chosen Jackson as my son feels great about his teaching style. Jackson provides a lot in an hour session. We will continue with the hourly sessions so that we can get the best of the learning experience. Thank you Jackson for the passion and need to help others master their art. I am so glad for all the time I invested to search for the right vocal instructor. You are awesome!
· Acting · In studio Jackson was very open and clear about what he wanted to cover. He makes you at ease the whole session and he is very relatable. I am happy he is near me and I can't wait for the next class.
· Singing · In studio Unprofessional in communication and focus...
· Piano · In studio Thoroughly enjoyed my first lesson. Looking forward to more.
· Vocal Training · In home Excellent instructor. Got me back into singing after a brief 20-ish year hiatus. Highly recommended.
· Vocal Training · In studio Extremely detailed instruction and sensitive to the student's needs.
· Public Speaking · In studio Jackson is not only a wealth of knowledge and information but he truly has a passion for his craft. Best first experience I've had!!
· Music Performance · In studio Jackson is talented and patient, and really makes you feel like this is doable no matter what your skill or ability.
· Piano · In home My daughter is taking the lessons and she is so happy with Jackson. I don't think we could have picked a better teacher. Just with that one lesson, she's excited about the homework he's given her and looking forward to working with him in the future. Thanks C. Jackson