- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm a pro saxophonist in NYC, currently performing both in the NYC area and internationally.
In the last 5 years, I have been performing with various bands in the area, spanning rock, funk, soul, Latin, and especially jazz. Performing has taken me to France, Switzerland, Italy, China, and most recently aboard luxury cruise ships.
I have been teaching privately and through a private music school for the past 10 years.
*** Lesson Details ***
I offer three distinct types of lessons.
1) For 7-12 grade music students, I offer lessons geared towards preparing you for the NYSSMA competition. We work on the basic requirements for participation, can work together to narrow down the options and select the right piece for you to perform, and improve your musicality as a whole. I have sent many students to NYSSMA, all with positive results. 2) My more expansive lessons are for beginner musicians and up. We work as basically as scales, modes, and fingerings, as well as a little bit of jazz history. As you progress, we dig deeper into jazz theory, focusing on the standards and improvisational theory. Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it, and as long as you are willing to work towards becoming a better player, you will. 3) For NON-SAXOPHONE students with an interest in jazz improvisational techniques, I offer jazz improvisation lessons. This requires an intermediate level of proficiency on your instrument. We cover standards, different techniques to apply over different patterns of chord changes, and even basic elements of composition.
I like to keep the atmosphere light and positive during lessons, so we can have a good time and still be learning. I love to work on appropriate music that the student suggests, or has an interest in. Pending the level of the student, we may even arrange for special appearances at some of my performances.
*** Studio Equipment ***
1942 Conn 6M viii Naked Lady Alto Saxophone
Theo Wanne Durga 7 Mouthpiece
Vandoren Jumbo Java Mouthpiece
Vandoren Java Red / Vandoren ZZ Reeds
Monique Pro Series Soprano Saxophone
Otto Link Mouthpiece
CG Conn C Melody Saxophone
Akai EWI-USB Wind Synthesizer
*** Specialties ***
Looking forward to making some music with you!
Saxophonist in HALCats band on various cruise ships. Performed music from 1930's - Present, as well as live shows with on board cast members.
· Saxophone · In home An excellent teacher. He keeps my son Sal interested and engaged with every lesson. Sal gets to choose some of the music he works on, and Imraan makes it into a lesson. Sal has been doing much better in band class, I recommend him!
· Saxophone · Excellent
My son Nicholas, 10 yrs old, has been taking saxophone lessons with Imraan for about a month. Searching for a young motivated teacher who is up to date with todays music is very difficult. My fear was for Nicholas to get discouraged in his saxophone playing and music with a non motivated instructor.
Imraan has been the perfect match for Nick. He is not only an excellent saxophone player but a great instructor. He motivates my son with his saxophone playing, has patients with his teachings and with kids, is up to date with todays music and most important, my son cant wait for his next lesson.
Imraan, Im glad we met you and look forward to hearing my son play in concert with you someday.
· Saxophone · it is refreshing and exciting at each session.
he is very focused and thorough. quite professional and polite.
he makes complex things with the sax seems simple. I enjoy his teaching style. I would recommend him to anyone who desires to learn to play the sax, or for advance lessons.
· Saxophone · Love Working With Him!
I study jazz saxophone with Imraan once a week. I originally found him through a recommendation from a friend, and was using him to prepare me for the All State NYSSMA auditions in my senior year of high school. The lessons were so helpful that I continued through college... Since then I've improved so much. He understands how to break down complicated information and present it to you in a way that you'll be able to understand and process. He is active in the music community, so you can drop in on a show and see him and one of his bands in action... Worth a visit.
Also, he always has a great selection of music to choose from for you to learn, and a great set of helpful tips and tools that work great for me! Highly recommend!!!!