Helene grew up in Bara, a small village outside of Malmo, at the southern tip of Sweden.
At a very early age Helene showed signs of being a performer and enjoyed being the center of attention. With 2 older brothers, Michael, 8 years older and Patrik, 5 years older, there was no lack of attention.
Helene’s grandfather was a very well respected violinist, holding 1st violin chair at Malmo Stadsteater for over 30 years. In addition, her grandmother was known to have a beautiful voice. Helene considers them a major influence.
Helene pursued every performance opportunity she got growing up, both in school and outside of school.
At the age of 10 she joined a church choir that traveled the country to do performances. This is where she learned the basic techniques of singing.
When she was 14 years old she joined a local theatre company where she got cast in the lead role of a musical named “Life of Francisco”.
At 15 she started taking voice lessons at the University of Music in Malmo, enrolled there for 3 years.
Helene was also taking dance lesson’s on a daily basis and was cast to sing in the dance studio’s yearly performances.
At 18 she got admitted to the Ballet Academy in Gothenburg where she studied for a year in the musical theatre program.
At age 19, her mother convinced her to audition for “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” in Malmo, she was one out of 600 people auditioning and she was cast in the lead role as The Narrator. The show played to sold out houses for 2 years. During that time, Swedish songwriter, Monica Forsberg, was looking for a new talent to do the voice over for a coming Disney movie “Pocahontas”. Monica was told about Helene from the director in “Joseph” Gordon March. Her voice over audition was sent to the USA and the role of Pocahontas was Helene’s and she was thrilled. It was a dream come true at the age of 19.
Helene then went on to do TV appearances and concert’s in Sweden and was also working at a very popular dinner theatre “Wallmans Salonger“.
By the age of 20, Helene’s voice teacher, Jack Abraham, from NY, had opened a new possibility for Helene. The idea of leaving Sweden to go to NY and study musical theatre thrilled her. In June 1998 Helene was admitted to AMDA (American Musical and Dramatic Academy). Helene graduated with the highest marks for all of her final school performances. Helene continued working in Sweden after moving to NY, doing the voice of Pocahontas in Pocahontas II “A journey to a new world” and Christmas concert’s in Stockholm at Nalen with her performer friend Niklas Andersson.
In 2004 Helene moved to South Florida after meeting her now husband at a singing engagement at the Flagler Museum in Palm Beach. Since moving to South Florida Helene has been doing musical theatre, “Respect” (Stagedoor Theater) and “I love a Piano” (Cuillo Center for the Arts). In addition Helene has been singing all over South Florida doing corporate events and the like. Among them, being the opening act for Andrea Bocelli.
Helene has been writing music since her teen’s but just recently finished producing her own CD of original songs.
Feeling fortunate to work as a singer, Helene is both blessed and grateful for the amazing gift. However, having her daughter Marielle tops everything!!
Last year Helene signed a contract with Palm Beach Opera, this year she will be singing in Macbeth and The Tales of Hoffmann at the beautiful Kravis Center for the Arts in West Palm Beach.
· Singing · In studio Helene was an amazing teacher, and I thoroughly enjoyed every lesson! She gave me some great techniques to think about even when not in the lessons, and her organization really made it easy to make progress between lessons. I had a lot of fun, and I would definitely recommend her!
· Singing · In home I loved her lesson. By teaching the proper breathing techniques, I noticed a difference immediately. Looking forward to our next meeting.
· Broadway Singing · In home Helene is very knowledgeable and a great teacher. She forms her lessons based on the student's needs and helps students sing with correct technique. She is also a very nice person and fun to learn from! I would recommend her to anyone!
· Music Performance · In studio Helene is amazing and my daughter loved her lesson today. Helene has picked songs my daughter loves to sing - one of which she will now perform for a musical theatre examination she has in the future. Helene is the best music teacher my daughter has ever had and I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is a very talented lady!
· Singing · In studio My daughter is 6 and doing her first singing lessons with Helene. She is so sweet and wonderful with her. I think she has been very encouraging with her and has been receptive to using music that my daughter enjoys and is excited to sing. My daughter looks forward to every lesson!
· Singing · In home Helen is an amazing and extremely detailed singing instructor. She will walk you through it all step by step and is super helpful with any questions. She genuinely enjoys singing which makes it interesting to to learn from her. She doesn't bore me to death. I feel like since I been working with her ,my singing skills have improved tremendously. Helen is a phenomenal teacher. I couldn't be more satisfied with any other.