- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I received my Bachelor and Master degrees in Musical Theatre Vocal Performance and then relocated to New York City to pursue a successful career in the Performing Arts. I have performed as an Actors Equity member in regional theaters, national tours, off off Broadway shows, new works, staged readings, opera productions and cruise ship contracts. I have also been a successful performer in other genres such as: rock, pop, gospel, jazz, and country music.
Recently, I was a Voice Instructor on faculty at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York City- leaving only because I moved to the Portland area.
I specialize in helping students fix existing vocal issues and expanding their vocal range and flexibility.
My goal is to instill passion for the performing arts in each of my students and to inspire them to be the healthiest singers and best storytellers for their preferred genre. I do this by promoting a fun, safe and positive learning environment in my studio.
I moved to the Portland area which caused me to resign from this faculty position.
I was responsible for maintaining the vocal health and quality of all of the Mainstage and Character Performers as well as the Ship Wide Cruise Staff. I also ensured that the musicals remained in tip top shape in order to deliver the highest quality of entertainment for the guests.
Assisted Tony nominated director- Marcia Milgrom-Dodge- in teaching choreography and blocking to the casts of the remounts of two national tours of Seussical: The Musical
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Singing · In home After the first lesson, I've realized how much there is to learn about singing! I was so impressed by Hayley's wide range of knowledge and she gave me a few manageable things to work on for the week. I am already learning to feel and manipulate the placement of the vibrations of the notes I sing in different places in my chest and face - something I had never been aware of before. Looking forward to my next lesson!
· Singing · In studio I really admire her honesty and how well she can work with me. Especially giving you support of confidence and new idea how to understand to not listen yourself but feel your voice. To find my true voice that's been hidden in me the whole time.
· Singing · Online
· Singing · In studio Haley was great Jared' really enjoyed the lesson.
· Singing · In home Hayley is very knowledgable and talented at teaching! I've already improved after just one lesson!
· Musical Theater · In studio Hayley worked for me as an Individual Voice instructor at The American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA) in New York City. Her students progressed rapidly, absolutely loved her, and gave her the highest rankings. Her knowledge of vocal technique and classical and musical theatre repertoire are extensive and I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to strengthen their vocal technique and explore new repertoire.
· Vocal Training · In studio Hayley has such a wide range of profound technic and knowledge in so many different styles of singing (From Opera, classical musicals to contemporary musical theatre etc.) that will absolutely help you get to the finest versatility of your vocal abilities as possible. Not to mention with her great phonetic skills, which if you are international student like me, you could get a lot of help from performing in Standard American accent. Also feedback on acting skills while singing if you sing and act as well :) She is a whole package and I feel so grateful to have had her as my individual voice teacher for she has got me so far in such short amount of time in terms of technique.
· Musical Theater · In studio I had the pleasure of working with Hayley during our contract a board the Disney Dream! As our vocal captain, I turned to her to help me maintain and improve my technique. She was even able to help me through a cold that wreaked havoc on my vocal cords. Not only did she remind me of proper technique, but she coached me gently back to good and healthy sound production after my sickness.
· Singing · In studio Hayley has a solid technical foundation that she communicates in a way that is easy to both comprehend and put into practice. Absolutely wonderful all around!
· Singing · In home Hayley is a truly extraordinary combination of knowledgeable teacher and "empath." She can listen to you sing, and immediately identify what you are doing technically -- because it's like she can FEEL it herself -- and how to fix anything that may not be technically correct. Her comments are ALWAYS spot-on, and her teaching style is, like her personality, nothing but supportive.
She is a great vocal talent, herself, and able to help her students navigate through vastly different styles, from operatic to down and dirty rock 'n' roll, and everything in between. I had been singing professionally (but not quite correctly or healthily) for several years before starting to work with Hayley, and after only about two years, it's like I've gone through a whole conservatory program!
I have worked with her both in-person and over Skype (when she was working on Disney cruises), and she is equally effective in both situations.