I've played sax for 20 years, bass for 15, and taught many students and performed with a variety of acts. I studied music and education at Kent State University, obtaining a bachelor's degree in 2006. I can help you apply what you learn in your performance, or get you to a level that you will be comfortable performing with other musicians.
*** Lesson Details ***
I'm patient and easy to get along with. When dealing with younger students I will supplement my teaching with whatever curriculum they are already studying. Each lesson will cover technique, learning pieces, ear training and improv. I deal with each student on an individual basis.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Large and small condensor mics, ribbon mic, multi-track digital recorder.
*** Travel Equipment ***
band in a box, speakers, laptop, charts. Student can provide book of choice or current material audio or written.
*** Specialties ***
Ear training, Sax upper register development (tenor) tone development, improv.
Provided musical instruction and entertainment for children from infant to 11 years of age.
Therapeutic musical experience for children aged 5-16 with various physical and developmental challenges.
· Saxophone · In home Hayes is super helpful and encouraging. I walked in feeling a little intimidated because I haven't really played in 30 years. He made me feel very comfortable and motivated. Good first lesson.
· Bass Guitar · In studio As a middle-aged guy who has played drums all my life, I wanted to add the bass guitar to my repertoire. Hayes is exactly the right guy and was able to show me how to get off to a quick start and then be able to add to my skills as I keep playing. I would recommend him highly!
· Saxophone · In studio Great
· Clarinet · In studio Enjoyed the lesson. It is obvious that Hayes is passionate about music. It really comes through during the lesson. He wants to make your music experience enjoyable.
Keep it up Hayes!
· Saxophone · In home I can highly recommend Hayes as an instructor for beginning students. He has a great personality, really connects with kids, and is very enthusiastic about music and teaching. He is very patient, explains things clearly to my son, and always teaches in a professional manner. My son has taken lessons for 6 months and we are really happy with Hayes' lessons.
· Saxophone · In home I enjoyed taking lessons with Hayes. He is a very motivated professional with the desire in driving his student into achieving his/her goal. He is patient at teaching, and listens intently to the special needs of his students making sure that those needs are addressed and taken cared off.
If there is any Saxophone instructor out there that I would recommend, it will be Hayes.
· Saxophone · In studio I've completed a few lessons now with Hayes and I am very impressed. He has a teaching style that is flexible enough to teach different types of students. He doesn't rush you but does continue to challenge. I have seen significant progress already and plan on continuing my lessons with him.
· Clarinet · In studio I have been taking my daughter Summer to Hayes home for several months and I can see her improvement as time goes by. He is very patient and makes her feel relaxed. Summer asks for certain songs she wants to learn and he does his best to find the music. He is a good listener and has well-thought suggestions to help her play better. Summer is 12 yrs. old and a beginner but she is doing well. I would recommend him to any prospective student..
· Bass Guitar · In studio Working with Hayes has really improved my bass playing, as well as my overall understanding of music theory/stringed instruments. I have a background in guitar and I compose music for documentaries, etc., but I wanted to play live shows with a friend’s band, and I wanted to learn as quickly as possible. The cool thing is: I think Hayes has helped me improve, all around, as a musician, and as a composer.
Nice guy, versatile, and knowledgeable. I definitely recommend him!