- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello there! Do you or your loved ones have an interest in music? So do I! That is why I am here to teach and share my own passion for music. I love working with children and have two boys of my own. I love teaching music and instil passion for learning into every one of my students.
Having grown up in a musical family with my mother a professional violinist, I have been exposed to the joys of music since childhood. I learned how to play Suzuki piano at the age of three, and later percussion and string instruments from when I was six years old. In high school I joined the band playing flute. I loved playing flute and piccolo so much that I decided to take this as my career and went to Interlochen Arts Academy where I excelled in my performance. I later went to Prague Conservatory and Czech Budweiss Conservatory and played with the Prague Film Orchestra. Even more recently I have been a teacher for the Flutes and Strings classes at Unison World School in Dehradun, India.
I have enjoyed having a very successful studio here in Tampa, and hope to enrich your life with music soon!
*** Lesson Details ***
My approach to teaching varies with the age level of each student. With younger students, imitation is often one of the best methods of learning and I prefer the Suzuki method for students up to age 8, especially with strings. For older children and adults, learning music notation and basic music theory for a full understanding of musical language are more important to get them to the level where they can learn any music that they want to play for fun. For students who wish to excel in their school band, a more practical approach with technique specific warm-ups and exercises seems to be the best in general.
*** Studio Equipment ***
The In-Studio lessons are taught in the living room which includes music stands, sheet music, whiteboard, video recording equipment and microphone, and seating for parents/students. No pets. Parking in driveway. Siblings are welcome.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will provide metronome, and tools for minor instrument repair. Students should provide their own music stands and sheet music.
*** Specialties ***
Suzuki method, Hrimaly, Taffanel et Gaubert, Patricia George
Teaching group classes and private lessons to children ages 3 and up.
Giving private music lessons in flute, violin, cello, piccolo, music theory, and composition since 2002.
Flute and Strings teacher at Unison World School in Dehradun, India
Completed 3 day teacher training course for Music Together, a music curriculum designed for children ages birth through 5.
Course completed for teaching Suzuki Method.
Certificate of completion of course
Completion of Course.
Music Performance in Flute, Piccolo, Cello, Violin, Music Theory, Music History, Czech Language, Orchestra, Piano, and Wind Ensemble
Completion of Course
Completion of course.
Certificate in completion of the following courses:
Transylvania Symphony Orchestra
Transylvania Symphonic Band
The Suzuki Association of the Americas, Inc. is the not-for-profit organization officially licensed to support, guide, and promote Suzuki education in North, Central, and South America. The SAA was founded in 1972 and currently has about 8,000 members.
The National Flute Association, founded in 1972, is the largest flute organization in the world. Approximately 5,000 members from more than 50 countries join together in person, online, at conventions, informally and in forums, through publications and classrooms, in performance, in friendship and collegiality. Guided by its goals to encourage a higher standard of artistic excellence for the flute, its performers, and its literature, members include leading soloists, orchestral players, jazz and world music performers, teachers, adult amateurs, and students of all ages.
· Cello · Online This was our first lesson with Hallie. But she was very engaging, encouraging and asked all the questions that I could possibly hope a teacher/tutor would ask to get an idea of where the student is to make an action plan.
My Son has much more confidence that he can achieve his goals with her help! ~Thank you!
· Violin · Online Excellent first lesson, very informative and patient. Can't wait for next week!
· Flute · In studio Encouraging flexible knowledgeable friendly bright
· Violin · In home She is a great teacher and she helps me when I have trouble with the violin. She's very kind and I'm very grateful to have her as my violin teacher.
· Violin · In studio Hallie was so warm and welcoming. She went with the follow of my 3 year old to get the lesson objectives completed and ensured I was comfortable with the material to have him practice at home.
· Violin · In studio Hallie is wonderful and sweet teacher.
My daughter had no experience of play violin.
but Hallie have very good skill to teach beginner.
now my daughter can play.
if you looking for violin teacher, she is one you looking for.
· Cello · In home My daughter, Serryn has been going to Hallie for about 2 months now.
Hallie's knowledge of teaching the cello in an easy to understand manner is amazing. Serryn has never been exposed to music lessons before and Hallie is very patient and supportive in her lessons. We would recommend Hallie to anyone wanting to learn the Cello in a friendly, comfortable atmosphere.
· Violin · Online Wonderful teacher very helpful sweet lady
· Violin · In home Hallie's teaching style a great combination of challenging and encouraging. As an older adult student with very limited musical experience I find that she strikes just the right balance for my hyper-analytical personality.
I am pleasantly surprised with the progress I have made and look forward to my weekly lessons.
· Cello · In home Hallie is very patient and relays material in an easy to learn way.