Alumnae of CSULAs music department with an emphasis in classical voice and guitar, Francesca's skills cover a vast ocean of information. With a background and formal education in opera and "the classics", Francesca is equally comfortable on stage at The House of Blues as she is at Disney Hall.
Francesca started teaching music at the early age of 16 with great success. She has honed her skills both in the private studio and in the classroom. Having served as musical faculty the California Music Academy, Cornelia Connelly High School, Pasadena Saturday Music Conservatory, and East Los Angeles College, having led choirs of 70+ high school girls and sung before sold out audiences of thousands of screaming fans, having toured 4 continents singing both classical repertoire and performing in commercial rock bands, having sung for presidents and princes, Francesca has high expectations and is skilled in helping her students reach their goals.
Now performing in the Donald Brinager Singers, a studio choir for-hire, Francesca can often be seen performing with orchestras throughout Southern California. While mentoring through her award-winning teaching studio, Francesca also manages to perform several showcases featuring her original music with her amazing back-up ensemble.
With a constant effort to maintain a professional studio learning environment and with a focus on reading skills and solid technique, Francesca's students enjoy lessons packed with information and light-heartedness. The one on one experience you will have the moment you walk thru the door promises to be unmatched. Francesca's students can be seen on major television networks, radio stations and performing around town in various projects. With a passion to give back, Francesca reserves a small number of spots in her schedule for the youngsters and seniors of her community. She teaches beginning through advanced guitar, piano, and voice.
*** Lesson Details ***
Voice and Instrument Coaching
~Develop skills and techniques for top notch practice and performance
~Study theory, composition, ear training, arranging, improvisation
~Discover music technology and performance techniques
~Study melody, harmony, song form and lyric writing
~Voice and Instrument Coaching
~Song Writing and Selection
~Image / Art / Photography Consulting
~Finding your signature sound and style
~Live Performance 101
~Branding / Career Planning and Strategy
~Song Analysis and Consulting
A Note From Francesca:
My official bio is listed below, but perhaps more important than the things I have done are the things that I am doing. I am now approaching my 15th year of teaching. I love to teach! I carry a minimum of 30 students, but have carried more then 80 at one time, and have never once complained. My waiting list cycles based on my performance schedule and recording schedule. If you don't see a time that works for you, feel free to reach out and see if we can find something that works, as an artist, my schedule can be quite full but also quite flexible. I love my students, I get to do what I love all day and I am sure it shows. I have a blast discovering new ways to experience music with "my kids." I call all of my students kids even though most of my studio consists of young adults. I try to have a young air in my classes at all times as it just makes the process so much more fun for everyone.
I've seen it all in through years: kids, adults, beginners and advanced students. I am personally very interested in being the most versatile musician possible and I love being able to share my knowledge with my students. We can study anything and everything from Classical Guitar to Electric Guitar Shredding; from Opera to Kelly Clarkson; from Tchaikovsky to Little Richard! I love getting students to dabble in little bits of all genres, often getting even the most skeptical student singing and playing comfortably in a matter of just a few weeks. My students will be able to read music for their favorite tunes and understand how to improvise from the start. Once you come in, you'll be hooked. You will have fun because I am having fun!
I encourage all of my students to share their favorite music with me. It affords me the opportunity to learn more about what they desire to learn and what types of music they enjoy. We will learn with your music often. After all, isn't that why you are coming to see me? I will introduce you to new sounds and styles, but will foster your love for music, and do my best to never force my music on students. I feel I learn as much from my students when I truly listen to them and their music as they do from me.
On site lessons are available for artists recording demos, rehearsing bands and setting up their own studios.
On a side note, I love seeing students at my shows! I am a full time musician and can be seen playing with my band, in my own solo project and in various choral settings. Check out my website and see what I do outside of the classroom. My students get a kick out of the idea that they can buy a CD with their teachers face on it, and to be honest, so do I. Many of my students have their own music out on iTunes and YouTube. Many more can be seen performing around town in solo projects and professional ensembles.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Pianos, Guitars, Basses, Amps, Computer, Monitors, Music, Recording Software, Drum Kit, Studio and Performance Mics, everything we need! Its like Disneyland for musicians!
*** Travel Equipment ***
*** Specialties ***
Francesca on Artist Development:
I feel obligated to share my joys and experiences-
Not many people have been blessed to sing alongside as many renowned musicians as I have - I've been lucky to be welcomed in both the commercial and classical worlds and they have both afforded me venues to use my voice and express the most vital corners of my soul. To find your purpose through art is one of the greatest gifts you can receive. And to be able to do that in front of thousands of music lovers live or over the airwaves is a surreal experience.
It's funny, my classical cronies are impressed to hear my stories of packed rock gigs at the House Blues and national touring festivals like Warped Tour and my rock buddies ask to hear my stories of Disney Hall performances with the LA Phil. To be honest, Iâ'm impressed to be there too. Sometimes, I look around and think, how did I get here? How did I get lucky enough to live the dream, to find a home in music?
I've been luckier than most. I've had GREAT mentors who have always pushed me forward and shared their wisdom freely with me. Part of the classical musician's central goal is to educate. That's a value I carry into my rock projects and production studio. Work smarter, not harder. Take the needed skills, create art, teach others how to do the same thing, move forward together to live happier, more productive lives filled with purpose.
I have come to be known as one of the top Musical Mentors & Artist Development Experts on the west coast. A behind the scenes- diva of dream building with the skills to push artists to the next level- the ace up the sleeve of many of today working talents. In my award winning studio, I spend time coaching the young voices and faces of today hottest TV shows seen on ABC, Nickelodeon, and the Disney Channel, but I still have a soft spot for up and comers in the indie music world. Having written and performed my own music for decades, I not only lived the collegiate experience of the elite classical performer singing for presidents and world leaders, but also the dingy road of the rock musician who's showed one night to a packed stadium full of fans and showed up another, thousands of miles from home to play to a coffee shop of 5 people. Music has brought me to nearly every continent and introduced me to some of the most talented and diverse people you can imagine. I feel compelled to share these experiences with those around me so that they my develop the vision, the salt and the skills to persevere.
I am, above all, an artist & creator- living the dream, helping people- like you find their voice and write their songs. Turning raw emotion into art.
Each one of us has a story, our truth. Being an artist is about finding ourselves, our song and expressing it publicly so that we may heal, so that we may grow.
It doesn't take a ton of experience to write a hit song. It doesn't take a fancy education or a family line of talent (though it can help). We can all find our voice, our place in the spotlight, what it takes is the courage to take the next step forward.
You've already had the genius to be in the right place at the right time. Here. If you've made it this far, chances are you are smart enough, hungry enough and ready to take the plunge.
Inside my studio you will find the help you seek. I can impart you with proven techniques to strengthen your sound, develop your tone through strong technique, develop strategies to share your art and develop a plan to turn pipe dreams into reality. Some desire to sing on the worlds brightest stages, others strive to lead others through teaching themselves, and some wish for nothing more than to experience music in a confident manner among friends. All can be lead on this personal journey of the artistic soul and all can make their offering to the musical gods. There is a place at the table for anyone seeking an answer.
After developing artists for 15 years, Francesca gave into requests to produce demos for young artists hopping on stage for the first time. Helping dismiss the issue of new artists who are "green around the ears", Francesca has created an environment that fosters the creativity of all who walk thru the doors. Pros meet up with developing artists and share their talents to help propel them forward!
For several years, many professionals who have spent many years on stage have come to Francesca to help hone their skills. My studio has become a safe haven for singers, songwriters, guitar players, piano players and other musicians to let their guard down and learn something new. Oftentimes, learning something they "should" have learned years ago. Never one to be stingy in the sharing of information, Francesca helps singers learn to accompany themselves. She teaches support players to take the spotlight and find their own musicianship on a new level. Anyone can learn how to write a chart. Any one can learn chordal theory. This isn't brain surgery, one just needs a safe space to take risks. My studio has filled this role for many musicians from many walks of life.
IndieFest celebrates and advocates for outstanding independent music, film, art, business and ideas. We are passionate in our conviction that music and art can uplift, inspire and motivate in ways nothing else can. There is a world of good going on out there that simply doesn't get the attention nor support it deserves. We strive to change that. With the collective power of the people, progress happens! IndieFest 8 features a three-day celebration of independent music, film, art, business and thought. It is family friendly and wildly eclectic with a wide array of amazing visual art, activities, film, comedy, dance, delicious food, beer and spirits for our 21+ patrons. And then of course, we have tons of music.
With DBS Francesca sings for studio and stage, often appearing with Los Angeles' best and brightest musicians in some of its most prestigious events.
The MTNA Professional Certification Program exists to improve the level of professionalism within the field of music.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In studio Francesca is an amazing instructor! My daughters first Piano lesson and it was a great experience. Francesca is encouraging and fun loving. I am so happy that we found her. My daughter can't wait for her next lesson!
· Classical Guitar · In studio She's been more than I expected. Personable with a lot of energy with a knowledge base I can't begin to fathom. She's going to make learning guitar a great experience. I only hope is that I can live up to her expectations.
· Classical Guitar · In studio I moved to San Diego for a few months for work and decided while I was there I would start to learn classical guitar. By luck or aligning of the stars or whatever you want to call it I found Francesca as an instructor. When it came time for my first lesson, and first time playing a guitar, I was a bit nervous and didn't know what to expect. With that first hug and incredible positive attitude all worries shed away. I walked away from every lesson feeling like I had really learned something because you can tell she has a genuine desire to teach people. I'm really going to miss our weekly lessons but I walked away with a lifelong desire to play the guitar and a lifelong friend.
· Vocal Training · In studio Francesca is super knowledgeable, friendly, and engaging! She's a great teacher; I feel very lucky to have found such a vocal coach.
· Vocal Training · In studio Francesca is an amazingly warm and patient teacher
· Ukulele · In home Francesca is one of the few people who are not only multi-talented themselves, but have the gift of teaching. Her knowledge and love for music work in perfect harmony. We are so grateful to be able to learn from her.
· Speaking Voice · Online Explanations of complicated things were made simple and easy to understnd.
· Classical Voice · In studio Francesca is a terrific vocal coach. She really knows music theory and the mechanics of singing. She has been a tremendous source of knowledge and has provided numerous tips and resources to help improve my singing technique. She is also very friendly and easy to work with. I really enjoy my sessions with her and always feel like I walk away with a deeper understanding of voice.
· · Francesca is the voice coach I have been waiting for. Each time we meet I feel challenged and enlightened. With her help my voice is getting stronger and more controlled. I look forward to our weekly lessons.
· Singing · In studio Francesca knows her stuff. I was trained classically in the bel canto classical style when young, and now am doing "commercial" hard rock - but never had that type of training, and want to maintain my singing health with whatever I'm singing. In just a few fun lessons, I've already gotten so much value from working with Francesca. Her ear is tremendous. She goes over the "what" of singing as well as the "how", and makes it easy to learn for anyone who has the "why" (ie, the passion to sing, no matter what style). I've never met a voice teacher that can so effortlessly and willingly transition with me in styles and technique, from opera to Iron Maiden! I'm stoked to be working with Francesca and you will be too!