- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I believe that progressive teaching must employ constructive pedagogical strategies to foster meaningful musical experiences for students to build and to exhibit competence. My pedagogical model is comprised of a student-centered approach to produce attainable challenges and to affect affirmative changes that will physically, technically, and emotionally enrich each student's performance.
During instruction, I exercise scaffolding methods to facilitate the students' zone of proximal development and innovative questioning to augment students' cognitive thinking and critical thinking skills. The process of musical learning is purposeful when it is facilitated within a nurturing environment to motivate the students' intrinsic interests and that is my goal!
Currently, I prepare my students for singing auditions on Broadway and off-Broadway productions, CCM Singing Competitions, Commercials, Musical Theatre Productions, The Voice, X-Factor, American Idol, Specialized Performance Schools, College Music Performances, and Choirs. A number of my piano students prepare for the NYSSMA and ABRSM examinations. As a clinical trained Vocologist, I also work with students to correct vocal fold injuries and to prevent further trauma, as well to improve phonatory production during singing.
Education / Training
As a music professional, I specialize in Voice (Contemporary Commercial Music), Vocology, and in Piano (Classical). I am certified by the New York Singer Teachers Association and the Somatic Voicework The LoVetri Method. In addition, I am a City/State Teacher Certified in Music (K-12) and a member of NYSTA, NATS, and MEANYC.
I am a graduate of Columbia University in Music & Music Education, M.A., Ed.M. I have a comprehensive background and training in Piano, Voice, Vocal Pedagogy, Vocology, and General Music. I studied music at Hunter College and I obtained a Bachelor Degree in Italian from Queens College. As an instrumentalist, I attended Fiorello LaGuardia of Music & Art & Performing Arts H.S. and the Center for Preparatory Studies in Music at Queens College.
My professional development is comprised of studies in Vocology at Keidar Voice Instititute, in Voice Management Techniques at Westminster Choir College, and in Dalcroze at Lucy Moses School.
Over the years, I studied with acclaimed vocal professionals such as Dr. Anat Keidar, Dr. Jeanne Goffi-Fynn, and David Sabella-Mills among others.
*** Lesson Details ***
My pedagogical model is designed to benefit students' aspirations and strengths in voice and piano. The outcomes are based on each individual's commitment to the process.
*** Studio Equipment ***
KORG Digital Keyboard, iMac, Macbook laptop, Cd player, iPod recording device, grand mirror
*** Travel Equipment ***
Piano is a must!
*** Specialties ***
Vocology, Contemporary Commercial Music, Piano, Theory
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
NYSTA strives to provide voice professionals, both locally and globally, with the tools and inspiration needed for an increasingly informed and creative pedagogy. Immense advances in voice science, neurology, psychology, education theory, medicine, and mind/body healing offer new information and techniques from which voice teachers can draw. By making these resources accessible to our members, we foster twenty-first-century pedagogy, rooted in the great traditions of the past, incorporating the new knowledge of our time.
· · Fay is an amazing teacher that gives her student's the ability to progress and I can't even begin to describe how much I've improved because of her help.
· Piano · In studio An amazing teacher that helps you progress as a performer. Piano has been such a fun instrument to play and amazing considering the techniques taught by her! Her lessons are so fun as well as educational.
· Broadway Singing · In studio Fay is such an amazing teacher! I got into Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School thanks to her. Best Teacher I've had, she helps train your voice and goes through the vocal anatomy so you understand techniques such as proper breathing, posture, coordination, grounding, acting, diction...etc. I've been her student for about a year three years now and I have to say that my voice has improved so much as a performer all thanks to her! If you get the chance, at least take a class, you will not regret it!
· Singing · In studio Amazing quality one on one lesson!