- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
For over 20 years I've helped students of all ages to maximize their vocal potential. Embracing a variety of vocal styles, from classical to contemporary, my students have excelled in musical theater, aced college auditions, traveled as lead singers with rock bands, recorded music videos and reached the higher levels of American Idol auditions.
I hold both Bachelors and Masters degrees in vocal music and have directed vocal groups traveling internationally to more than 20 countries on four continents. I've personally produced more than 20 full-scale musical/theatrical productions with casts of over 200 and ticketed audiences of up to 10,000. I've also promoted concert events for more than 40 nationally known artists including Randy Travis, Chris Tomlin, Aaron Schust, Jeremy Camp and Mercy Me.
My lessons blend solid vocal technique, while reflecting the unique needs and goals of each student. My passion is to enable those I work with, beginner to advanced, to maximize their vocal potential. I currently teach from my home studio in Rockford, Illinois.
I served as a private voice instructor at the Music Academy of Rockford for 4 years.
I served as a member of the voice faculty at Rock Valley College for 6 years working with 10-12 students each semester.
First Free is a church of around 2000 located in Rockford, Illinois. While on staff, in addition to leading weekly contemporary and traditional worship services, I produced and directed 15 full-scale musical/theatrical productions for Christmas, Easter and 4th of July Celebrations with up to 10,000 in attendance. I also booked and promoted over 40 nationally known artists for our Summerwood Concert Series.
I traveled for five summers as a Music/Tour Director for the Continental Singers and Orchestra, a contemporary, choreographed, Disney-esque touring choir, during the summers of 1985-88 and again in 1993. With 40 college age musicians per each 3 month tour, we traveled extensively performing over 400 concerts for audiences up to 6,000 throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
· Singing · In studio Good lesson I'm just starting out at 26 and so far lessons are going good
· Singing · In studio Seriously such an incredible instructor. He understood where I was beginning from (the absolute minimum) and taught me accordingly. I still value everything I learned from him, and the techniques have come in handy in various areas of my life. As someone who officiates weddings, is an entrepreneur that predominately uses videos to share my business, as well as being a busy aunt of 4 incredible nieces and nephews and has to project my voice-I use gold nuggets of what Prof. Eric Walker taught me on a daily basis. I STRONGLY recommend him-even if it is for a short while! Note-I had him for one semester and grew so much.
· Classical Voice · In studio For five semesters I studied voice with Eric Walker at Rock Valley Community College. He took the time to show me the basics of using your voice properly in singing. Mr. Walker was patient in teaching me how to breathe deeply which has helped me in my singing today. Also, he taught me how to have more forward resonance when singing. In addition, he prepared me well for my college auditions. I was able to walk into my auditions confidently and sing with clarity.
· · I took lessons from Eric when I was about 18 years old. He is a very good teacher and is patient but also expects growth with every rehearsal. It really paid off especially with me singing so much and traveling. I use every technique that he has taught me!
· Singing · In studio I took lessons with Eric for a few months before moving out of state and enjoyed learning from him. He took time to choose songs that I enjoyed singing but also songs that would stretch my ability as a vocalist. He provides a friendly and relaxed environment for learning and is passionate about seeing students succeed!
· Singing · In studio Eric is one of my favorite voice instructors I've had during my time in college. I studied under his practice for 3 years. During that time I was juggling voice performance through school as well as being a front-man of a music group. He recognized my style in both departments and where my voice would fit in each and helped my develop a balance between the two. I learned proper diction in five languages; Italian, Latin, German, French, and English which I discovered my weaknesses and he helped enhance all the languages to my fullest potential. Eric has become one of my greatest mentors and still is apart of my everyday life by using his guidance he gave me to reach to my best abilities. I will always be grateful for his teachings and friendship.
· Audition Prep · In studio ...Eric is a wonderful voice instructor and helped me so much in finding my true, authentic voice. In June, 2015 I auditioned for the hit television show American Idol. Out of 5000 contestants that showed up to audition for American Idol, I was one of 100 contestants who made it through the round. The producer told me that my vocals were spot on and that I was a good entertainer. I was given a blue ticket that looks exactly like the golden ticket you see when contestants go to Hollywood. God blessed me with a lasting memorable experience but without Eric coaching me beforehand on finding my authentic and original voice, and giving me the confidence and encouragement to pursue something this big, I honestly don't know if I would of made the pre audition round of American Idol. I would highly recommend Eric to any one who has a true passion for singing and who wants to pursue music in their life or for people who just like to sing and want to improve their voice, Eric would be the perfect mentor to do just that! A really great Voice instructor!
· Singing · In studio In just a year, Eric has helped my daughter increase her skill and confidence in singing unimaginably! She has nailed each audition she's undertaken, and has had a blast doing it! Eric makes her lessons both appropriately challenging and fun. Our house is filled with singing, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else!
· Audition Prep · I have been taking voice instruction with Eric for three years and couldn't be happier with the progress I have made. Eric is my third vocal coach over a period of many years in my adult life, but the only one I have continued to study with for this length of time. I have learned so much from him as a voice teacher and it has been exciting to finally start "hearing" the results of all of his hard work of teaching me. He gives great instruction to detail, explains things so they are easy to understand, has a vast knowledge of a variety of music, is very patient and kind, and is great at "pep talks". He has been a wonderful encouragement for every show I have auditioned for, and is always very helpful in my audition process. I would highly recommend Eric as a Voice Instructor. I look forward every week to my voice lessons,
· Singing · In studio Eric taught both my children voice and also audition prep. He chose songs that were appropriate for their ages and voice ranges. If they wanted to expand their range, he did it safely in a way that would not strain or damage their voices. He was kind and encouraging yet very professional. His music knowledge and level of talent was top notch. I would recommend him to anyone.