- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am by trade a musician who specializes in drums and drum education. I have played as a professional musician in the Salt Lake City, UT, and greater Los Angeles, CA, areas. My project involvement ranges from hip hop, metal, jazz, funk, blues, indie, reggae/ska, rock, pop, fusion, singer/songwriter, and electronica.
I instruct private lessons and workshop sessions to students of all ages, including those with varying levels of experience. I have also expanded my knowledge base by being included on tracks and albums of many professionally recorded albums.
I am a graduate of the Musicians Institute college of contemporary music in Hollywood, CA, with a performance degree for drums and percussion.
*** Lesson Details ***
Here is the biggest thing you need to know about taking lessons from me: IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!! lesson pace, curriculum, and progress, all revolve around YOU. Each individual is different, and is attracted to the drums for different reasons, with different goals in mind. I customize your lessons based on what YOU want to learn, how quickly YOU learn, and what YOUR goals are. Here are some generic things that I focus on:
-Good habit building
-How to effectively practice
-Styles [music genres]
-Making lessons FUN, yet INFORMATIVE
*** Studio Equipment ***
teaching studio detached from the house with a few drum kits w/ seating for parents
*** Travel Equipment ***
PROVIDED: material, spare sticks, drum keys, music books, practice pad.
NEED: drum kit, practice pad, metronome, sticks.
*** Specialties ***
Good habit building, technique, positive reinforcement, how to effectively practice, goal attainment, time keeping ---
Jazz, Funk, Fusion, Blues, Reggae, Pop, Rock, Hip Hop, Country/Western, Electronica
· Drum · In home Eric is great. He is so positive, makes my son feels good about himself and his ability to learn the drums. He is punctual, prepared, and enthusiatic. He's a great teacher.
· Drum · In studio I have had a handful of lessons, only, but recognize that Eric is a very good instructor. His instruction is geared around me and my pace and provides relevant material to help me along the journey of learning a new instrument.
· Drum · In studio My 10 year old daughter has been taking drum lessons from Eric for almost 1 year now, she absolutely loves it, and looks forward to going every week. Eric makes her lessons fun and easy for her to understand, she has progressed so much. I would definitely recommend Eric to anyone.
· Drum · In studio Eric is my son's drum instructor. He just barely turned 7, and struggles with focus and attention. To help him with this, I thought learning to read music and play an instrument would be quite beneficial. We first tried violin: He cried every time driving to lessons, so that ended fast. Then I thought piano, in our home. That idea didn't work either. Now we are with Eric, and my little guy is progressing. He likes Eric, which is (more than) half the battle.
Eric really does customize his lessons based on progress. He's great with my son, and makes it fun for him. He encourages him to practice at home every day, and pays close attention to the progress he makes each week. Eric also pays close attention to form, such as foot placement on the pedals, and obviously where his little hands should be, and remain, while playing.
Alex now is able to read (beginning) sheet music, and is working on his coordination, too. As his mom, I really believe this has turned out very well! We've been in lessons now for almost 2 months, which is much longer than violin and piano lasted. I can already tell my son will stay with it.
It's exciting for me to see the progress he's making. Each week, he seems to be more focused and stays on task. Of course he still has a ways to go for his age. But again, Eric is really patient, kind, supportive and wonderful with Alex.
· Drum · Great instructor
I've taken the classes almost a years with Eric about lessons Drum.He is a great teacher instructor. I didn't have any musical with background community and he makes good fun with great to learn understand ." He was very very good teacher and fun". I like it I will keep forward on my lesson with him throught Andes .
· · Great instructor
I've taken three classes with Eric and he is a great drum instructor. I didn't have any musical background and he still makes the lessons fun and easy for me to learn.