I've taught over 30,000 private music lessons to students of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. I've had tremendous success at helping students reach their musical goals and become well rounded musicians. I have an associates degree in liberal arts with a concentration on music and studied privately with several of the best teachers in Buffalo, NY. Additionally, I was in 3 successful bands, played hundreds of shows, made 2 professional recordings and have recorded other artists in my studio...I specialize in teaching beginners and children and have vast experience with both.
*** Lesson Details ***
I try and make the rapport with students comfortable and informal while at the same time constantly pushing them to improve and grow. I strongly encourage all students to work on all aspects of their playing, to become well-rounded musicians and study multiple techniques, genres and music theory.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Dining Room is designated for music: amps, guitars, basses, recording equipment, chairs, parents must stay for lessons under 18: comfy and spacious.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Students will need their instrument, tuner, lesson books, notebook and pen. I will provide everything else.
*** Specialties ***
I have a well-rounded approach to teaching. I teach a variety of techniques(picking,finger picking, pick and finger technique,improvisation, ear training, chord/melody playing etc.) and a variety of styles.(mainly rock, folk, jazz and blues)
· Guitar · In home Eric is a really great teacher! He is very patient with my 13 year old daughter, a beginner, during her lessons and always seems very supportive and enthusiastic as she slowly progresses from week to week. He is an accomplished musician himself and plays along with her to show her how something should sound. Eric has a nice laid back attitude, is very on target with my daughter's musical tastes and he has a great personality! I am very happy with his teaching methods and we hope to continue her lessons with him for the next few years.
· Guitar · In studio Great instructor. Has a lot of background knowledge, which may be intimdating to some. But he does a good job of identifying strengths and weaknesses upon which to work.
· Guitar · In studio Eric was great. He is obviously very knowledgeable but he is also easy to talk to and seemed to quickly understand what I knew and what I didn't. A good communicator and his set up for the lessons was very comfortable and easy to find. One hour lesson flew by!
· Bass Guitar · In studio After my first lesson I can see Eric is ready , willing and quite capable of taking on the challenge to work with me as an adult beginner on the instrument. He took the time to really get a good idea of where my skill level currently is and gave clear instruction on exercises to use in order to build from there. Furthermore, he gives a clear picture of the path the instruction will follow in order to get to the level of playing that I want to achieve.
Eric's personality combined with the spacious home studio setting provides a comfortable atmosphere of learning without distractions.
Not only do I feel Eric will be a good instructor for me but, I will also be scheduling my daughter for lessons with him to learn her third instrument, the guitar. So yes, I do recommend him for lessons!
· Guitar · In studio He is a great teacher. He is very patient. He's good with kids. Recommend!
· Guitar · In studio Eric has been great he has really helped my son already with getting better at playing the guitar and becoming more passionate and active with playing. He is very patient and so far what I have seen great with Kids. My son is very excited to be taking these lessons. Great set up at Eric place for conducting lessons.
· Guitar · Doing the Right Thing
"Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things."
Peter F. Drucker
I have respect for people who believe in themselves - Eric is that guy. You could say that he will let you see what he sees.
Someone once said that art is the greatest deception of all: 1 note by itself is simply dull, but putting them all together and you got a sonata. I guess that's how I can summarize my music lessons with Eric: 1 lesson by itself stands small compared to the benefit you could take from continuing your guitar lessons.
Hope this note summarizes my review properly.