- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I started to study the piano at the age of seven with Hrant Minassian in my hometown of Island Park, New York. During high school I continued my studies with Jack Chaikin , a graduate of the Juilliard School. I attended Hofstra University where I received a B.A. in Music in 1979. At Hofstra, my piano teachers were Blanche Abram and Morton Estrin.
After graduating from Hofstra, I moved into Manhattan and continued my piano studies with Elena Wolkonsky at the Juilliard School. I also took a few lessons from Adam Aleksander, concert pianist, in Miami. So all together, I took lessons for 20 years with six different teachers!
I started teaching piano when I was 18 years old and taught all throughout college. After enjoying a successful career in data processing for 22 years, I decided to go back to teaching piano in 2003.
I thoroughly enjoy what I am doing. It's a pleasure to pass on to my students everything that my great teachers taught me.
I have been teaching piano in my own private studio for the past 13 years. My students have performed in 12 student recitals which are held near the end of the piano school year in early June.
· Classical Piano · In studio Emil is very easy to work with and is a fun and inspired teacher. My daughter loves taking lessons from him.
· Piano · In studio Great teacher! Patient and nice to the kid beginner.
· Classical Piano · In studio Emil was the teacher I was looking for. I have tried to learn piano on my own for a while now, but most of the time it became overwhelming. I wasn't sure I was going in the right direction, or if I was learning what I should know in the right order. So far, what Emil had done for me was to take what I've known already and add much more to it. He also has started to correct some bad habits I became accustomed to, which I would have never picked up on my own.He's very knowledgeable, and ties in music theory during the lesson. He's down to earth, throws in some jokes to lighten the mood, and create an enjoyable learning experience.
· Piano · In studio I've been taking lessons with Emil for over 10 years. Needless to say, I think he's a great teacher and has been particularly sensitive to someone with only a modest background in music. His patience and keen teaching style have encouraged me to continue my lessons and improve my playing. I'm so happy I found him when I did.
· Classical Piano · In studio I have been studying with Emil for four years and my piano playing has improved tremendously! Emil's knowledge and patience make my lessons a joy.
· Piano · In home Emil is a wonderful instructor. he's patient, knowledgeable of his work, flexible, funny, and he understands that we are all there to learn. i'm having a wonderful time learning from Emil.
· Classical Piano · In studio "As a teacher myself, I appreciate Emil's commitment to seeing his students progress and his obvious love for the piano and its literature."
· Piano · In studio I started learning from Emil three years ago. He makes learning the piano fun while still being educational. What started out as an interest in piano has grown to a passion because of Emil's guidance. I highly recommend you try. You will never find another teacher like him!
· Classical Piano · In studio My piano lesson is always a highlight of my week! It's a fun challenge that I enjoy preparing for. Emil's teaching style is unique; he makes his students laugh and takes us far beyond just learning the notes. From the very first lesson Emil shares his knowledge of classical music history and stresses the importance of nuanced musical dynamics, which many teachers unfortunately tend to neglect when teaching beginners. Don't hesitate in taking lessons with him, no matter what your age or skill level may be!
· · Thanks to my wonderful teacher, Emil, I am back on the journey I started in childhood, playing the piano. Emil's teaching is also helping me to listen to and enjoy music in a different and more satisfying way.
I've been taking lessons with Emil for over 4 years with no plans to stop. Practicing has become an integral part of my day. Emil's lessons are always valuable in making sure I steadily make progress in the art of music.