Beth specializes in teaching improvisation/composition. Students typically study the music of Jazz, Blues, Rock, Pop, Film, TV, as well as Classical styles. In general, younger students study from one method book (usually either American Popular Piano or Piano Adventures). Additional material is given to supplement. Adult students take an active role in selecting repertoire to study. All students learn technical exercises and music theory.
About 50% of Beth's private students are adult learners. Beth herself is an adult music student, studying cello from a local cello instructor.
Fun Note: I also love baseball, road biking, and wine.
*** Lesson Details ***
Together we will discuss your musical strengths and use them to target areas that need improvement. In addition to suggesting repertoire that I feel is a good fit for you, I'm excited to tackle your favorite popular songs that you suggest we learn. Together, we will come up with a goal for what you'd like to accomplish and we will hold each other accountable for reaching those goals.
Most importantly, playing the piano is a lot of fun. I'm not your traditional piano lady. Although I'll consider wearing spectacles by request ;)
*** Studio Equipment ***
A cat lives at the studio. Electronic MIDI keyboard with weighted keys & sustain pedal, Macintosh OS X computer, SmartMusic Practice Software, Finale Notation Software, Apple's Logic Studio, microphones, PA system, 2 Drum Sets, Hand Percussion, Guitars, Ukulele, music stands. Couch & waiting area w/music and magazines for parents/siblings.
I am a private instructor and show director at the School of Rock, where students study Rock in an ensemble setting. Students at the School of Rock also preform live shows at local rock venues.
I teach keyboard, drums, composition, and am the Show Director Trainer at the School of Rock.
I am a certified Search Engine Marketer, responsible for PPC, Google Analytics.
I produce music for independent films and commercials. The productions are typically local productions, but I have on occasion worked remotely with independent film makers around the country.
I am a certified Search Engine Marketer. I am responsible for maintaining SEO, SEM, and PPC for MakeMusic Inc. (makers of Finale, SmartMusic, Garritan, MusicXML technology).
· Piano · Outstanding skills
Beth is simply, a natural genius when it comes to music.
Her ability to match tones and key notes by ear is truly an advanced skill of hers, and she has a natural ability to listen, play, compile, and teach in a way any student can understand, no matter what skill level or learning style they possess, or are at.
I have had many piano instructors in the past, but Beth is by far the best one, and has skills and abilities well beyond your average musician.
Her natural talent is truly inspiring, and her enthusiasm when teaching adds further to the inspiration of the student desiring to learn.
She is friendly, outgoing, and very skilled at identifying both strengths and weaknesses of her students, and knows how to train the student to capitalize on their strengths, and overcome their weaknesses to meet their goals.
Hands down, she is the best musician personally I have ever met and trained under.
· · We are very happy with how our lessons are going. Beth has a way of connecting with Harry that inspires him to want to learn more.Thank you!
· · As an adult student, I find Beth to be very patient and responsive to my specific learning needs in areas of focus, applied theory, progress, etc. In addition to the piano, Beth has a broad and very helpful knowledge of musicianship. I recommend her highly.
· · Beth is an excellent teacher!
My 8 yr-old daughter is taking lessons from Beth, and she is learning a LOT and loving it. Beth tailors the lessons to fit my daughter's interests while still ensuring that the fundamentals are well covered.
· · Patient and creative
Beth teaches my 6-year-old son with incredible patience, creativity, and enthusiasm. I couldn't be happier and neither could my son!
· · Patient and intelligent teacher
Elizabeth has great ideas to help me learn in ways that work for the way my brain takes in new information. I'm in my early 40's and Elizabeth has great teaching skills for all ages.
· · Mother
Elizabeth is great! Not only is she a good teacher I love how she connects with my daughter!
· · Beth's viewpoint is wide ranging. Great teacher.
My 13 your son has been taking Jazz piano from Beth this summer. She seems a perfect fit. She brings up theory, points where jazz and world history cross and keeps him in line about practicing piano as well. Has been a really great addition to his love of music.
· · Beth is a terrific teacher, understanding, compassionate, patient, knowledgeable, fun. She makes learning interesting and user friendly. She is personally approachable so lessons more like hanging with a friend doing something fun. I have over 40 years of teaching experience so I am well able to recognize a terrific teacher and Beth is certainly one. I also appreciate that Beth is an excellent role model for my 12 year old granddaughter.
· · Beth is an excellent instructor. She challenges and encourages me to learn.