- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Music studio offering clarinet, saxophone, flute, trumpet, and recorder lessons taught by the Principal Clarinetist of the Livingston Symphony Orchestra.
Recent Student Auditions, Awards & Achievements:
Isis, HS senior (clarinet)
- Successful auditions for:
* 1st chair in HS Band in 2013-2014, 2014-2015 and 2015-2016
* HS Central NJ Regional Symphonic Band (2013-2014, 2014-2015 & 2015-2016), HS NJ All-State Symphonic Band (2014-2015 & 2015-2016) and NJ Youth Symphony Orchestra (2013-2014 & 2014-2015).
Stella, HS junior (clarinet)
- Successful audition for 1st chair in HS Band (2015-2016).
Ivana, 8th grade (flute)
- Successful audition to Lakeland Youth Symphony (2014-2015).
Jennifer, 7th grade (clarinet)
- Successful audition to NJ Youth Symphony Orchestra (2014-2015), Middle School North NJ Regional Symphonic Band (2014-2015 & 2015-2016), and Interlochen Arts Camp in Michigan (Summer of 2014 & 2015).
Aidan, 8th grade (clarinet)
- Successful audition to Central NJ Regional Symphonic Band:
1st chair in 2016-2017, 10th chair in 2014-2015;
and Advanced Wind Ensemble (2014-2015).
Chris M., 7th grade (clarinet and saxophone)
- Successful audition for Honors Band
- Promoted to 1st chair in his school band (2016)
- Selected from over 500 students to participate in the North Jersey Region 1 Honors Elementary Band Festival (May 2016).
Morven, 4th grade (clarinet)
- Promoted to 1st chair in 5th grade Advanced Band (2016)
Chris Y., 4th grade (saxophone)
- Promoted to 1st chair in 5th grade Advanced Band (2016)
Established in 1996.
For the past twenty years, Dimitry has been teaching students of all ages to play the clarinet, saxophone, flute, trumpet, and recorder.
Students will learn proper techniques, posture, breathing, phrasing, articulation, tone, rhythm, sight reading, solfeggio, music theory, and music history. They will also learn to play solos (with and without accompaniment), as well as duets (along with the instructor).
Private lessons are customized to meet each student's goals, such as preparation for regional and state band auditions, concerts, and other music competitions.
Meet the Business Owner
Dimitry Chernavsky is the Principal Clarinetist of the Livingston Symphony Orchestra, the Co-Principal of the Hanover Wind Symphony, and a member of the 'A La Mode' clarinet quartet.
Dimitry is a graduate of Kiev Tchaikovsky Conservatory, where he received a Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Music Performance and Education.
40 years of solo, chamber ensembles, band, symphony, opera, ballet, jazz and folk orchestras.
Laureate of the Ukrainian national wind instruments competitions in 1971 and 1976.
The NTA was formed in 1992 for the purpose of establishing a membership organization for tutoring professionals. The NTA is dedicated exclusively to tutoring, and represents the interests of thousands of tutors in the U.S. and thirteen other countries, practicing in all phases of tutoring, program administration, and supplemental student services.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Clarinet · In studio Our 12-year old son has been learning clarinet from Mr. Dimitry for about a year now and we highly recommend him to prospective students for his deep music knowledge, rich clarinet performance experience and above all, just being a great clarinet teacher.
In a year's time with Mr. Dimitry, our son's progress has been very impressive. After our son started lessons with Mr. Dimitry, it quickly became apparent that Mr. Dimitry is a very experienced teacher for young musicians. He engages our son effectively to keep him interested in music and clarinet while at the same time sets high expectations for him. Our son always looks forward to clarinet lessons and also is motivated to practice pieces at home.
Mr. Dimitry not only teaches sound clarinet skills, but also emphasizes the importance of playing music the right way, that is to tell stories and express feelings through music rather than to play music like a technician. Although it is difficult for a young musician to fully appreciate this concept, it does go a long way in preparing him to become a really good musician in the long run.
Mr. Dimitry is very polite, pleasant and professional. We recommend him without any reservation.
· Music Performance · In studio My 7 year old son has been taking recorder lessons from Dimitry for almost 1 year now. Dimitry is very patient, encouraging, and enganging - considering that my son is on the younger side. Dimitry provides music instruction that is appropriate age and level wise, so my son feels accomplished and challenged at the same time.
We plan to continue with Dimitry and hopefully advance to the clarinet once his fingers can cover the clarinet holes and he has learned more music theory. My son looks forward to his music lessons. We are very pleased with his musical instruction.
· Saxophone · In studio Incredibly amiable, professional, and talented as a teacher.
As a senior in high school now graduating and transferring into college, I started my lessons with Dimitry in December last year and had to end this summer at the end of the music school's program. Even though my time learning the saxophone was short, Dimitry used my past musical experience to help guide me through the instrument. His lessons did not feel long in any sense of the word, and in fact some two-hour lessons I took to make up missed weeks blew by, as I was constantly engaged by his teachings. During my studies with him I found myself in the presence of a true musician, and this was only further driven home when I saw him play in the Hanover Wind Symphony at the Morristown Community Theater with Stanley Drucker. I would highly recommend Dimitry as an instructor for a student at any level.
· Clarinet · In studio After many years as a music educator, clarinetist, saxophonist playing with Army and concert bands, as well as dance bands, I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with Dimitri. Being retired , I made the decision to seriously play clarinet again. His skills, as a musician and teacher have helped me regain my passion for the instrument and ability to play at a high level. I would recommend him most highly.
· Clarinet · My Highest Recommendation
As co-prinicpal trumpet and Associate Music Director of the Hanover Wind Symhony it's my pleasure to have worked with Dimitry for over 15 years. Dimitry is an exceptionally gifted and highly respected clarinetist who brings years of global performance experience to his teaching. Polite, patient and well spoken it is a pleasure to listen to him speak about music, no matter what the subject or genre. His passion for his craft is evident from the very first time you meet him. I highly recommend Dimity as a performer and educator!
· Clarinet · Dimitry is an excellent clarinetist and professional colleague
I am a professional oboist with a great deal of experience. I have played in an orchestra with Dimitry for 5 years. I find his principal clarinet playing to be very fine. He is also a very good colleague. While my relation to him is not teacher-student, I judge from his warm personality that he makes an excellent teacher.
· Clarinet · Great teacher
My daughter has been studying with Dimitry for almost a year now, and I have seen incredible improvement in her skill on clarinet. Not only has Dimitry improved her technique, but he has also taught her a lot of music theory, improved her musicality, and given her lots of tips on clarinet and reed care. I would strongly recommend Dimitry to anyone searching for an excellent clarinet teacher.
· Clarinet · Great teacher and musician
We had some difficulty locating a clarinet teacher for our 10 year old daughter and did not love relying on the internet but Dimitry was quite a find. He has been fabulous in every aspect and our daughter has progressed beautifully and loves the clarinet. He is a true professional and a great musician. We recommend him highly with no reservations.