Baritone David C. completed both his B.M. and M.M. degrees in Voice Performance at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. David went on to complete a Graduate Performance Diploma in Voice at The Boston Conservatory in 2014. With over 8 years of teaching experience, David has worked with singers of all ages and ability levels. David's teaching is rooted in classical voice pedagogy but tailors his teaching to benefit singers interested in many styles. For four summers, David was a visiting faculty member at Cannon Music Camp in Boone, NC. As a performer, David has had professional experience in jazz, pop, musical theatre, opera and oratorio. His performing highlights include being selected to perform leading roles with the American Singers' Opera Project for three years, performances as Giorgio Germont in Verdi's La Traviata at The Flagstaff in Fidenza Summer Opera Festival in Fidenza, Italy, main stage operatic roles at The Boston Conservatory, professional oratorio performances in North Carolina and New England in the works of Bach, Handel, Mendelssohn, Faure, Britten, Dvorak, Brahms and Rutter, and many recital and concert appearances. David's combination of experiences as both a singer and teacher of many styles make his teaching versatile, providing each student with a unique and effective lesson experience.
*** Lesson Details ***
Students can expect to spend half of our lesson time working on technique through exercises specifically designed to develop the most efficient use of their voice. The rest of the lesson be devoted to applying those techniques while singing repertoire agreed upon by both student and teacher.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Open living room set up. Keyboard. Seating for parents. Visitor's parking lot.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I have a keyboard if I'm teaching from home. If travelling, I can bring a portable keyboard..
*** Specialties ***
My singing and voice teaching are rooted in classical pedagogy, but I have been very fortunate to have the opportunity to perform and teach in numerous styles. It is my belief that a healthy classical foundation can be modified and put into practice to make singing in any style easy and efficient.
Middle School Chorus and General Music teacher
Taught voice lessons and voice classes covering a range of topics including: Opera history, song literature, audition preparation, sight singing
Taught piano and voice lessons
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
An American honor society for undergraduate students, graduate students, and professors of music. There are currently 205 active chapters and approximately 64,500 individual members.
· Singing · In home Great, patient instructor. The time was fully utilized and I learned a lot in the first lesson. Great start. I was a little anxious but David had a very relaxing demeanor.
· Singing · In home This was my first time getting voice lessons and it was a great investment. David is ver patient with you and is very flexible when it comes to the times. I was wondering how I would be able to see progress but I saw it through and through every lesson. Would like to publicly thank you for all your time, you were amazing.
· Singing · In studio Best instructor there is very helpful, positive, and inspiring vocal coach
· Singing · In studio David is a really nice guy, and he does care for his students. He normally tries to encourage and give you tips. He is also pretty funny.
· Singing · In studio I'm learning a lot and am enjoying the lessons. Never was able to sing before and now I'm singing in church with joy!