David is a successful singer/songwriter/guitarist out of Baltimore, MD. He has a bachelor's degree in Music with a concentration in composition from Salisbury University, where he also studied jazz and classical guitar . In the 18 years he has been performing (13 of those professionally) and playing guitar, he has released 4 CDs and written over 200 original songs. He has opened for major national acts like Journey, Maroon 5, Toby Keith, My Chemical Romance, The Used, Thrice, Story of the Year, The Bouncing Souls, Eric Hutchinson, Virginia Coalition and Graham Colton. In the process, he has performed at such notable venues as FedEx Field, Nationals Park, Jiffy Lube Live/Nissan Pavilion, the 9:30 Club, Rams Head Live and the Recher Theatre.
As a teacher, David has taught in numerous locations in the Maryland area for the last 16 years. His students generally range anywhere from 4-70+ years old and come from a wide range of backgrounds and levels of proficiency, from basic beginners to advanced. Some of his students have also gone on to pursue careers in music, others have just learned as a hobby, and some have been somewhere in between the two. All are welcome!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons in living room with couches, chairs, cables/amps, as well as extra guitars (acoustic and electric) and a bass guitar, if needed.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can provide amps and stands, etc if needs be. However, if they are already provided for the student's sake/in terms of the student (i.e. I'll bring the equipment needed for myself), this would be ideal.
*** Specialties ***
Pop, rock, jazz, blues, classical, metal and funk.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio My first lesson with David was excellent! He is very patient and knowledgeable. I now have extremely high expectations for learning to play the guitar. I highly recommend him. He gave me a thorough explanation about how guitars are made made, the parts, we tuned the guitar and I am ready to groove!
· Guitar · In studio Feeling very confidant with my choice in instructor!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I just have my very first two lessons with David. He gave a very clear deriction and prictice guide for each lesson, easy to follow. I also believe as a wonderful musicalan, his musical experience would a plus for his teaching.
· Guitar · In studio Very friendly and great teaching!
· Guitar · In home The lesson went awesomely! Dave was very friendly and went at my pace. He made sure I understood what he was teaching. He was upbeat and positive!
· · Good Teacher
My son has really enjoyed his lessons with David.
· · Excellent Teacher
I'm very pleased to have him as my daughter's teacher..very patient..nice personality....P.Asuncion March 14-11
· · Dave is GREAT!
Dave has been a great guitar teacher! He is patient and teaches songs my son enjoys playing. Thanks Dave!
· · Excellent instructor!
Far superior to other instructors that I have had. I would recommend him to anyone wanting to learn to play or wanting to improve their play.
· · Dave and Program was AWESOM
I have some things in my family to take care of. Dave is an excellent instructor and when I come back I hope I'm fortunate too have Dave teach me once again!!!