I am a 20 year musician with 11 years teaching experience. Born and raised in New York City, I attended Laguardia high school for music and art and afterward Queens College majoring in music. My main instruments are Clarinet, Drums, and Saxophone, but i also have a strong background in Piano, Trumpet, and Flute. I've taken private music lessons for the past 15 years with world class musicians, among them David Weber and Howard Hirsch. I've performed in every major concert hall in New York City, including Carnegie Hall when i was only 11 years old. I performed alongside many famous musicians, including the late Tito Puente.
*** Lesson Details ***
My teaching includes all aspects of music; Musical theory, sight singing, as well as Music History. My teaching style allows the child to have fun while they learn their instrument, but I emphasize a strong practice regiment. Your child will understand that while learning music and an instrument can be fun, there will be some work involved if they want to become great. I usually use either the Alfred or Rubank method books to supplement a curriculum that I tailor make for each individual student. Any question or confusion a student has about anything during the lesson will be explained in detail and dealt with until he/she understands the concept. I've had many students pass all levels of the ABRSM and NYSSMA exams as well as receive academic scholarships for musical excellence.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons in the living room, drums set, piano,
*** Travel Equipment ***
I require that students buy the books I suggest, but if it is necessary, I can provide photocopies of pages from the books that I own. I also require my students to provide all writing equipment.
*** Specialties ***
all methods and styles. I've played clarinet and saxophone for orchestras, symphonic bands, and jazz bands. I've played drums for jazz, rock, and acoustic sets.
Instruction in piano, clarinet, saxophone, drums, trumpet, and flute in all styles. Had multiple students take and pass the Nyssma exam in all levels. Prepared and help coordinate spring and winter concerts.
Teach Clarinet, Drums, and saxophone to students age 5-18
· Piano · In home First lesson went well . My 5 year old enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one .
· Trumpet · In home Wonderful teacher!
· Piano · In home Love it, the instructor is so nice and patience. Can it wait for the next lesson. Thank you
· Saxophone · In home David explains things very well, is patient & takes his time.
· Drum · In home David was great, very patient working with kids!
He use fun ways to teach. My son loved his first lesson.
I am considering taking drums lesson myself with David.
· Music Theory · In home First lesson. David was on time and professional. He tutored my son and answered all questions asked.
· Piano · In home Great experience
· Piano · In home David has patience to teach and very knowledgeable. Very good teacher.
· Piano · In studio David was very pleasant as an instructor and my son looks ford to his upcoming lessons
· Piano · In home He is very patient working with kids! He uses different tools for the kids to understand what he is teaching. Recommend!