Hi, there! My name is Daniel and I can't wait to meet you! I love music, and have played the piano since I was 6 years old. I was one of those kids who loved to practice. I am passionate about teaching and love imparting the techniques, wisdom, and practicality that I was taught to my students. I understand that every student learns differently and I cater each lesson to the individual student. I use a combination of fun games, unique teaching techniques, and electronic aids to adequately teach each lesson.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Piano students should provide an piano with a full set of 88 keys (acoustical or digital is fine). I will provide metronome and any other teaching aides that may be used during the lesson.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in sacred with a proficiency in hymn improvisation. I also am proficient in classical teaching.
I am in charge of the music in the academy for both elementary and high school. This includes preparing our students for the NCCSA state fine arts competition. The music classes I teach are as follows:
-Junior High Choir
-Junior High Orchestra
-Sr. High Choir
-Sr. High Orchestra
-Private Piano, Violin, & Voice Lessons
I am in charge of the weekly song services for all of the services. I also direct the choir and accompany any solos/groups on the piano.
I teach the high school Bible in the Academy as well as run the weekly chapel services.
I was in charge of a sales group. I was in charge of scheduling as well as making sure all paperwork was filed correctly after a sales visit.
I was in charge of a team of 5-8 employees. My main responsibility besides running the shift was inventory, and finance.
I taught private piano and violin lessons to students from the church.
· Piano · In home Daniel is a wonderful instructor. Very patient and kind. We are delighted with our child's progress and thoroughly enjoy Daniel.
· Violin · In home This guy did not even show up for the first scheduled class. The class was scheduled 2 weeks before and I sent a text message to remind 2 days before the scheduled day. He sent an email 30 mins before the class to tell me he is not coming. Dd not even have the courtesy to call.
· Violin · In home My 9 year old has lived it.
· Violin · In home My Mom is 84 and has recently picked the violin back up. Daniel has been wonderful, and she in thoroughly enjoying the lessons
· Piano · In studio Daniel is an awesome piano teacher for my 9 year old son. My son just loves him and Daniel understands exactly how to work with him. Daniel is patient and makes the class interesting. Always is prompt and always sends us a text message just before reaching the venue. I highly recommend Daniel.
· Piano · In home Daniel is a great Teacher. My son and daughter have learned so much under his instruction. He is patient and enjoy working with children. He is very flexible and understanding. I highly recommend Daniel!
· Piano · In studio Mr. Bishop is an AWESOME piano teacher for my 8 year old son. My son loves him and the piano lessons he receives. Mr. Bishop is very patient and encourages my son to practice. My son uses the Piano Maestro app to help him with his lessons. I couldn't ask for a better piano instructor.
Thank you so much Mr. Bishop
· Piano · In home Daniel is patient and an excellent teacher! His use of technology and piano method books keeps my piano lessons interesting and exciting! He always pushes me to be better, and to excel in my endeavor with the piano. He is always prompt, and is just a text message or call away should I have any questions throughout the week, or if there are lesson changes.
· Piano · In home Daniel is great and my kids love his lessons!
· Piano · In home 4 lessons in and we love having Mr. Bishop as our daughters in home teacher. He is always prompt and gives reminders for practice. Very professional.