I've been teaching piano since my teen years, even before I received my music degree. I have extensive experience in teaching piano, church music, organ, and theory and composition.
In my years I've been involved in professional piano teachers organizations as the National Guild of Piano Teachers and Music Teachers National Organization and have occupied leadership positions in these organizations.
I have had articles published in professional piano pedagogy journals and presently write for my blogs -- Piano Lessons PLUS Blog and Blogging at Piano Teacher Press .
I've written and have had recorded music for Sheet Music Plus and Piano Teacher Press where I publish books and compositions for piano students.
I am particularly proud of the work I've done with the young pre school beginner having written piano methods The Keyboard Kids and The Discovery Piano System.
I would love the opportunity to teach you or your children and share my love of music with you.
Piano Teacher Press publishes "Music for the Young Musician"
Opus 1 is an organization of piano teachers and music enthusiasts centered around the yearly Festival sponsored by the National Federation of Music Clubs (NFMC).
· Piano · In studio My daughter recently started taking Piano lessons with Mr.Dan. During the first class, Mr.Dan analyzed her level of expertise and interests in music to understand where she stands. Based on that, he suggested a plan for her to learn further. It works well and she is all excited now. We look forward to many future lessons. We highly recommend him.
· Piano · In studio We introduced Piano to our son at age six. We’re thrilled with his progress. We appreciate Mr. Severino’s patience and ability to teach young children, his knowledge and love for Music. We look forward to many future lessons! We highly recommend Mr. Severino and his teaching methods.
· Piano · One of Mr. Severino's greatest attributes is his patience in fostering a love of music in small very active children. All 4 of my kids owe a great deal of their musical talents to Mr. Dan
· Piano · In studio Mr. Severino has taught my children for 7 years. We began when my daughter was 4and 1/2 and my son was 7. Seven years later they still take lessons and are beautiful piano players. Me Severino is a very positive and patient teacher. I highly recommend him.
· Piano · I'm a composer, arranger, and teacher with over 300 published works. I can recommend Dan as a teacher. he has been very active over the years, and quite involved in the education of piano students, both with organizations and with individual students.