Hi, there! My name is Corinne and I can't wait to meet you! I've been teaching private lessons since 2008 and have loved helping my students gain an understanding of the flow arts, develop coordination with props, and learn to feel comfortable with dancing with props. I went to ASU and am currently working on getting my credentials as a certified veterinary specialist in emergency and critical care. I'm a very active and creative person and my teaching style is energetic, organized, as well as entertaining. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!
I've been operating a performance art troupe in the Phoenix, Arizona area since 2007. We specialize in fire dancing and also offer stilt walking, LED prop performances, and mermaid performances!
My areas of expertise are fire breathing, hula hoop, fans, and poi.
· Poi · In home Corrine offers a wellspring of experience and passion to her lessons. I was very comfortable learning with her. Her professionalism is always on point. Corrine is well known within the flow community as being a talented, experienced professional. She is one of the best plain and simple. Working with Corrine is humbling and inspiring at the same time. Thank you for your commitment to excellence.
· Hula Hoop · Online Loved my lesson, she makes it very comfortable while giving so much new information in just a half hour. Happy
· Poi · In studio I have had the pleasure of learning poi tricks, fire eating as well as fire breathing from Corrine within the last year. She has a wide range of prop knowledge which was extremely beneficial for me, being a hula hooper she was able to explain a poi trick using hula hoop terminology. One of my favorite things Corrine does is teach the importance of fire safety, before learning any new prop she will go over the DOs & DONTs, Corrine has a very strong passion for that. Each lesson I walk away with new crowd pleasing tricks under my sleeve! Corrine is very patient & has the ability to simplify a trick & break it down so that any mind at any pace can learn. I have been a flow artist for 7 years now & have gone to many flow classes that fail in comparison, I would highly recommend Corrine to anyone!!
· Poi · In studio Very good instructor taught how to breath with safety as the priority. She was able to give one on one attention even though we learned within a larger group. Very good teacher would recommend for all ages!
I have done a variety of teaching lessons with Corinne from poi, hooping, breathing, fans, and beginner stilts.
· · In studio I am so thankful to have Corinne as a teacher. She has a vast knowledge in all things flow arts. When I found Corinne I was so thankful because finally someone could help me get farther along in Fire Fans, Hoop, and Poi. To my surprise I was allowed to attend a few fire breathing classes where I learned to breathe fire. I felt like a dragon! .I will always be thankful for the things I learned during my sessions with her.
· Poi · In studio While getting adjusted to a new skill set, Corinne, was extremely informative and patient. She took her time walking me through the motions until I was confident in the execution.